Engine questions

NMLSC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I am new here and have a few questions. I am seriously considering buying a 98 LSC, but I need to know somethings first. How similar is the engine to the Cobra engine. Things like block, engine internals and such. I did a search and the only things I could find were that the heads and intake were different and I am assuming the cams as well.

That pretty much covers it. Why do you ask? The Mark in '93 had the original 4V engine 3 years before the Mustang so we are the original Cobra guys and the stang guys are playing catchup. I'm hoping the Lincoln guys will also get the first V-10 so the stang guys will have to play catchup again. LOL. Lots of fairly cheap mods for the car if you are looking for a little more gogo.

MonsterMark said:
That pretty much covers it. Why do you ask? The Mark in '93 had the original 4V engine 3 years before the Mustang so we are the original Cobra guys and the stang guys are playing catchup. I'm hoping the Lincoln guys will also get the first V-10 so the stang guys will have to play catchup again. LOL. Lots of fairly cheap mods for the car if you are looking for a little more gogo.

I am just wondering about things like, is the block an alluminum 6 bolt block, does it have forged internals, is the piston the same design and compression ratio as the Mustang.

Aluminum 6 bolt block, no forged internals, hyperpathetic pistons, I (think) same C.R. They are both Modular engines, which means they share many of the same components as the 4.6(2V), 5.4, and 6.8. Different cams and intakes are the major differences comparing year to year, ie: '98 to '98.

engines?

hi there NMLSC!!!!
...yes..yes..yes...go for the 98' lsc,we need more 98' owners in here who share similarities!

yes same type of engine,but alil diff set up. :Beer :steering
we/i have a 97 cobbbra svt,love the car, plus i personally have a 98'LSC,take a look in members rides and u'll see! hey good luck on ur purchase. so which lsc u lookin at (meaning color,and miles??)

Members online

Back