Engine Cover Mod

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
So I had a few hours to kill today after washing both of my LS's so I thought I'd do a mod that I had been thinking about for awhile. I had an extra engine cover so I did this....

engine cover prepped.JPG

engine cover bars.JPG

engine cover finished.JPG

Should do plexi glass... ahhhh now you got my creative juices flowing w something like this!!! Nice!

That looks great! Did you just use aluminum bar and plasti-dip?

Should do plexi glass... ahhhh now you got my creative juices flowing w something like this!!! Nice!

I thought about tinted plexiglass and some kind of lighting under the engine cover but this will help some heat escape the engine as well as look good. I am going to install the aluminum Jag T-stat tower and use some nice stainless steel hose clamps on the coolant hoses to finish it out.

That looks great! Did you just use aluminum bar and plasti-dip?

Aluminum tubing, self-etching primer and high temp engine paint

I thought about tinted plexiglass and some kind of lighting under the engine cover but this will help some heat escape the engine as well as look good.

Etched plexi with the Lincoln star on it with a few LED lights under it. It would look cool as hell. For helping heat escape. Not really. Try driving without the cover. No noticeable difference.

Etched plexi with the Lincoln star on it with a few LED lights under it. It would look cool as hell. For helping heat escape. Not really. Try driving without the cover. No noticeable difference.

That would look very cool

That would look very cool

If your interested, I can get you a Lincoln Star decal that will look like etched glass. I will have to check and make sure it will hold up to the heat thou.

Members online

Back