emergency brake module

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of Lincoln LS emergency brake module? and exactly where it's located

where can I buy a new one? other then stealership

will 05, 06 module work with an 04?

AFAIK, that's the part on ebay. I don't know the part number off hand. I usually use Ford Parts Giant to look it up because I have a harder time finding stuff on Tasca's site.

The part number is on the eBay listing you posted. Check the pictures.

I don't have a picture, but here are some drawings.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x65007.htm~gen~ref.htm
Electronics module
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x65004.htm~gen~ref.htm
Electric actuator

Ford Parts Giant, Tasca, junk yard, and probably a few other places.

Those should all work.

doesn't say where the Electronics module is located

"2.Position the LH luggage compartment trim panel aside. " I don't understand its in the truck? I thought it was underneath the car

doesn't say where the Electronics module is located

"2.Position the LH luggage compartment trim panel aside. " I don't understand its in the truck? I thought it was underneath the car

Does too. Position the LH luggage compartment trim panel aside.
It's inside the trunk on the driver's side behind the trim. It's the same area as the four channel amplifier if you have THX nav.

The electric actuator (the thing that actually pulls the parking brake cables) is under the car.

IMG_2132.jpg
found it the Part # is different then the one on ebay could this be because the one on ebay is from a 05 Lincoln and mine is 04

IMG_2133.jpg
I also found this plug not connect to anything anyone know whats it's for??
IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

anyone tried fixing one of these before? I cant see anything wrong doesn't smell or look burnt IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

Yeah, looks like the ebay one is just a newer revision.

whats wrong with it?
its probably not bad.
when you re-connect the battery the first thing it asks on the dash is to set the parking brake. if you dont do it right then it tends to have issues like constantly prompting you to set it or it wont let you set it at all and illuminates the yellow light on the switch. also a failing dccv has been shown to cause problems with the car continuously prompting for the park brake to be reset.

i would check that first fuse in the box under the hood, bc it might be loose.

whats wrong with it?
its probably not bad.
when you re-connect the battery the first thing it asks on the dash is to set the parking brake. if you dont do it right then it tends to have issues like constantly prompting you to set it or it wont let you set it at all and illuminates the yellow light on the switch. also a failing dccv has been shown to cause problems with the car continuously prompting for the park brake to be reset.

i would check that first fuse in the box under the hood, bc it might be loose.

I keep getting the "service P brake" msg for over two yrs now its about time i get it fixed I've gone through the proper procedure when re connecting battery and my dccv is working without any blown fuses

the parking brake module on the 04s are known to go bad so i'm sure its the module

I keep getting the "service P brake" msg for over two yrs now its about time i get it fixed I've gone through the proper procedure when re connecting battery and my dccv is working without any blown fuses

the parking brake module on the 04s are known to go bad so i'm sure its the module

PRESS BRAKE AND EMB AT THE SAME TIME THEN RELEASE BRAKE PEDAL AND PULL THE EMB THAT WILL ERASED FROM YOUR DASH UNTIL YOU FIXED THE PROBLEM.
I HAVE 04 AND IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES :mad:

Members online

Back