EGR valve sensor (DPFE)

tda13

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Where is it at on a 97. On my 96 its on the back of the DS head. I want to change the one on my 97, but can not see it (find it). Crazy!

That's what I thought. How the heck do you change it? I can hardly get my hand in. Pull valve cover????

When I had my transmission out of the 94, that was the best I had ever been able to see the EGR lol. Not a job I would want to tackle from the top but pulling a trans ain't all that great either.

You can either remove the hood or disconnect the hood struts so you can raise it more. Be careful not to raise it too much, as the corners will hit the cowl.

You can get at the sensor then.

You can either remove the hood or disconnect the hood struts so you can raise it more. Be careful not to raise it too much, as the corners will hit the cowl.

You can get at the sensor then.

Removing the hood will not give me anymore room. The sensor is on the back of the driver side head between the head and firewall. Might be able to get to it if I remove the driver side valve cover. I'm not even sure that's my problem. I dont really trust the codes.

The easiest way is to remove the hood and then the cowl. That gives you several more inches of room back there.

But you can swap it out and just not bolt it in place without having to remove all that in order to trouble shoot. I dont think thats your problem though, I think its the C.A.S.

Members online

Back