EGR replacement question

ToeCutter

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the large nut on the EGR valve that attaches to the tube running under the manifold...I know the two smaller mounting bolts are 10mm but I don't have a wrench big enough for the nut and need to pick one up. It looks to be 1 1/8" but I'm suspecting it's metric.

V6?
I use a cheap chinese adjustable wrench, $5.50 at the hardware store
V8?
No idea if same

It is metric, and it's somewhere in the 20s. I keep thinking it is 27, but I may be thinking of something else, so don't count on it. I know that one of the wrenches in this set fits: http://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece-metric-service-wrench-set-93668.html

On the gen II V8, it's hard to get an adjustable wrench in there and do much with it. If you do try with an adjustable one, you may want to remove the fuel pressure sensor first.

Thanks joe...your right, there is no room to get an adjustable wrench in there. I tried measuring the nut with a caliper but didn't have enough room to get the jaws tight against the flats of the nut. Is the line coming out of that nut a hardline or a softline...I can't tell

It's a hard (metal) line, but you can move it some. It's easier to remove than it is to reconnect it.

A 1-1/16th" ended up doing it for me and gave me just the right amount of swing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back