edelbrock

teh_milz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone used there hide away kit on there ls? ive been thinking about it but nos scares me, its like a whore, you want to hit it but your scared of what might come

teh_milz said:
will someone please talk to me about it
I don't remember any one using that system, but a few do spray. rocket5979/KBX made his own progressive system and VanDarla uses the ZEX system designed for the Mustang I believe. Both took some work to do. rocket5979/KBX doesn't visit here much anymore. VanDarla is here more often. Quik ran spray for a little while too. Sorry not much help.

adding N2O to the LS is no different than any other car - we've had up to a 100shot now.

Most the kits are all exactly the same - there are some unique parts specifically of certain engies - fuel rail taps, ...etc - but the LS usually falls into the 'generic V8' WET system.

Drop your plugs by a degree or two, and your timing - you should be good to go.

I had a lot of traction issues - the guys currently running it are using prtogessive controllers to start off lighter then crank it up - solving the off-the-line traction issues (and probably saving their rear-ends and transmissions)..

ok question, the timing on the ls how do i advance or retard it? i have never worked with a car that doesnt have a distributer or does this car and im just over looking it?

Nitrous

I have this, COMPUCAR NITROUS IN BAG EFI DRY KIT 60 80 100HP NX NOS (http://tinyurl.com/2bkeqg) and it is very simple to install. It tricks the computer into cold start, so you don't have to make other adjustments, although they state one degree colder plugs might help.

has anyone used there hide away kit on there ls? ive been thinking about it but nos scares me, its like a whore, you want to hit it but your scared of what might come
I used my NX Pro set-up to set The Maxton Land Speed records. Before I settled on the separate methanol delivery system I ran as much as 150 HP with race gas. When I got it dialed in, I used a 100 HP N2O jet and a 'fat' methanol jet. Each time I used a larger methanol pill I went faster for a total of three times before I ran out of reasonable steps. Then I went back to race gas and cut the pill size for the fuel and set the 4th record. Instead of saying anything negative, let me say only that the NX Pro system is truly head and shoulders above any of the others. I started using 'spray' in 1979 so I have a fair degree of experience. That first experience was on a turbo'd Mustang. As I said in my own thread, by next spring I'll have installed a four litre Jag in my '02 LS and be using two turbos plus the spray for land speed racing as well as driving the car daily.
KenS from Ben's Place

Members online

No members online now.
Back