Dynamat users?

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone Dynamatted their trunk lid. With my two 10's and the 900w amp the only thing that rattles from the outside is the trunk lid.

Yeah I removed the trunk lining and dynamat'ed the whole thing ...I mean the whole thing ever thing I could cover is covered, even down to behind the license plate surround. I have a spoiler an that still rattles a bit, I would also suggest dynamating behind your license plate just as added backup.

00ls5spd said:
Yeah I removed the trunk lining and dynamat'ed the whole thing ...I mean the whole thing ever thing I could cover is covered, even down to behind the license plate surround. I have a spoiler an that still rattles a bit, I would also suggest dynamating behind your license plate just as added backup.

LOL I rigged the back of my license plate with foam tape...works good enough. How did yours sound after you did it?

Inside sounds great but when I am outside you can still here a faint rattle I think it is my lincoln license plate cover...I am gonna fix it this weekend. The trunk liner still rattles a bit but I am gonna use adhesive and glue it in the center to the dynamat.

00ls5spd said:

How about the doors? Is that a PITA and does it make much difference?

I am running all stock in the doors so it didn't matter to me. But if someone is running a complete custom system with like some 8's in the doors with some tweeters then I would go for it, but I wouldn't hassle with it for stock.

na i got aftermarket speakers in my doors and i wouldnt dynamat it because there is no rattling coming from the doors, unless you wanna achieve something else by dynamatting your doors... the only problem with rattling is in the trunk like everybody is saying...

00ls5spd said:
I am running all stock in the doors so it didn't matter to me. But if someone is running a complete custom system with like some 8's in the doors with some tweeters then I would go for it, but I wouldn't hassle with it for stock.

Depending on what song, I have a lot of rattle coming from the package tray.

my entire car is dyna'd from trunk/lid/rear deck(three layers)/license plate/interior i think we went through about 5 or so packages of dynamat. my interiors are all upgraded i use jbl power series components. interior dynamat reduces "road noise" or whatever i think it helps keep sound in and also helps maybesomewhat with my competition holding in that pressure to raise my decibel level. anyways good luck.

my 1 12 kicker l5 rattled the :q:q:q:q outta the trunk. i mean it sounded like an 87 monte carlo. i never did anything about it, cause i just sold my system :(.

I did it on my Mark VIII and it also made the trunk lid feel more "solid"

-

Joeychgo said:
I did it on my Mark VIII and it also made the trunk lid feel more "solid"

-
That's good, the LS trunk lid and hood feel flimsy. How much did you pay for the trunk lid?

its roughly about 300 or so for your trunk. dont do your hood it will contain the heat and prol. cause engine trouble and who knows what else.

executivechef01 said:
its roughly about 300 or so for your trunk. dont do your hood it will contain the heat and prol. cause engine trouble and who knows what else.

Oh no I'm just saying its flimsy, I would never dynamat that. Give me 'some' credit!:rolleyes:

I have 60 sq ft I'm needing to put on my doors, then I'm gonna get some expanding foam that you would find at home depot and put that inside the trunk lid so it is solid, finish it off with a layer of deadener. That should be good fo what I'm doing, only around 2000 watts or so.

Black03 said:
I have 60 sq ft I'm needing to put on my doors, then I'm gonna get some expanding foam that you would find at home depot and put that inside the trunk lid so it is solid, finish it off with a layer of deadener. That should be good fo what I'm doing, only around 2000 watts or so.
Be careful with the foam because it can cause your trunk lid to warp. I would try to stay away from the foam IMO.

yeah i agree with the foam the expansion plus climate very tricky. make sure you get a roller androllthe heck out of the dynamat get those crevices. and you got the credit just got me nervous.

I dont know about the ls because i just got mine and havent put a system in yet but in my old car i up dynamat in it and it makes a huge differance so i would recommend it for anyone that has a powerful system. I have 2 flaming Q's so its about 2500rms and 4500max so i think dynamat is required for something like that lol

Members online

Back