Dude, where's my battery?

MrEvil

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just finished a 2200 mile road trip..... I took a quick ride to the Airport then my battery wad dead... I had Cadillac roaside service jump start the beast now I have the service engine light soon light on and I cannot find the fricken Battery. I have a 2000 DTS........ should I be worried?

I would worry if I couldn't find the battery on my car...for multiple reasons. Perhaps the owners manual knows where it is? Do you recall where it was when they jump-started it?

They jumped it at the special port made just for jump starting the car.....

I would still check the manual. But you can trace the battery from the special port you mentioned; it has to connect to the battery somewhere!

Couple more TSB's of interest

00-06-03-006 JUN 00 Batteries - Settlement of Lawsuit (CA Proposition # 65)
99-06-03-009A MAR 03 Body - Battery Compartment Corrosion/Perforation
02-06-03-010 OCT 02 Battery - Parasitic Drain Information

Btw, your battery is located under the passenger side rear seat. There is a special vented compartment, but note first before lifting seat up, that there is a wiring harness that is attached to the underside so you will need to unplug that connection first. Good luck!

That's one heck of a place for a battery! Good find, Monstermark. Reminds me of the old VW Beetles. :)

MrEvil said:
I just finished a 2200 mile road trip..... I took a quick ride to the Airport then my battery wad dead... I had Cadillac roaside service jump start the beast now I have the service engine light soon light on and I cannot find the fricken Battery. I have a 2000 DTS........ should I be worried?
I would worry the jump caused an electrical problem somewhere. Sometimes the amperage while being jumped can do such things.

Last edited:
The oldsmobiles are like that. You should see the relay wall and the computers that are involved in running the new cadillacs. I would have that caddy serviced, you usually cannot reset the engine light with the battery disconnection trick. That is probably why the light is on because the battery went dead. It will need to be reset with a dealer scan tool.

Joeychgo said:
I would worry the jump caused an electrical problem somewhere. Sometimes the amperage while being jumped can do such things.
That's a good point. How did they jump it? If they jumped it with antoher car, the other car was running, and the negative lead was connected to both batteries, there is a fair potential for damage. It may have shorted your alternator, or any other number of things. I would get the car checked, and if something is wrong, send the bill to the company that jump started you!

Pepsi2185 said:
The oldsmobiles are like that. You should see the relay wall and the computers that are involved in running the new cadillacs. I would have that caddy serviced, you usually cannot reset the engine light with the battery disconnection trick. That is probably why the light is on because the battery went dead. It will need to be reset with a dealer scan tool.
They are always finding new ways to get you. You really have to have the deal scan the code out of the computer?

Problem solved..... It seems that while I was in the airport putting my daughter on the plane Carmen left the key in the ignition cauing the battery drain......my repeated attempts to restart the car caused additional drain on the battery.... the towing service from Cadillac Roadside was very helpful.... my enging light has gone out and the Car is running fine again.... and yes the Battery is under the rear seat!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back