DTC P0385 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor B Circuit ?

Roy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
To change or not to change that is the question? :Bang

Car is hard to start and stalled for no reason warming up this morning, checked the codes and got " PCM PO385" Looked it up and all could find was "DTC P0385 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor B Circuit" seems to make sense, any you guy,s seen this before, seems to me I had this fixed one back during the warrenty days... man that was nice.

Help me if you can.

Thanks

Easy fix Changed Cam Sensor...All OK now

Roy said:
To change or not to change that is the question? :Bang

Car is hard to start and stalled for no reason warming up this morning, checked the codes and got " PCM PO385" Looked it up and all could find was "DTC P0385 Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor B Circuit" seems to make sense, any you guy,s seen this before, seems to me I had this fixed one back during the warrenty days... man that was nice.

Help me if you can.

Thanks
Cam sensor on N* is quick easy fix, it is located on the passanger side of the engin block near the rear about 8-10 inches down. there is not much room but is do-able. just remove one bolt holding the retainer opps first remove the wires from the connector, remove the sensor ake the new one and put some oil on the ribber ring and reinstall it, put aback the wires, reset the codes and your done. about a 35 min job. The PCM PO385 is the defective sensor code but check that it not just a bad connection before you spend 80 bucks on a new sensor, hope this helps someone some day.

I think you are right

Katshot said:
It's actually a fairly common issue with them.
If I'm not misstaken I think I had it change once on warrenty about a year ago,
I will look back in my invoices.

The exact same thing happened to me this past weekk, twice.
Purchased an extended warranty on my 2002 STS and sent to the dealer for diagnosis.
Turned out to be the "Crank Shaft Sensor" and was covered with the extensive coverage I purchased. Dealership estimated 1.4 hours for repair (@$110/hr Ouch!) and part was approx. $88. Total for repair was $324.85 plus tax.
Will pick the car up this afternoon and let you all know if I have any problems.

Joseph

Members online

No members online now.
Back