Driveshaft?

cadikiller

LVC Member
Reaction score
If I am Getting 3.73 gears in my 96 mark, should i buy a new aluminum driveshaft? Is it a good idea or is it even necessary at all.

I have 96 and i thought that the 96 had the 1 piece but i could be mistaken. Are you saying if anything take a stock driveshaft from a 93 or get an aftermarket aluminum 1 piece for a 93?
-yes I do miss him already! :)

the 96 has a 2 piece , it looks like a one piece but its welded together. a 93 is the only year that had a one piece and most people on here will tell you it seems to work fine . changing your gears and not changing your driveshaft is just a crapshoot , it might work just fine or it might vibrate or shake after so much speed. if you do get a 93 driveshaft take it to a known shop that can balance it and change the u joints out before you install it! it is worth the hundred or so extra it will cost because if you break it on the road its a bittch to change out on the fly or even just on your own as the gas tank needs to come down too. it might not be a bad thing if you were to change fuel pump while your at it since tank will already be down , walbro255 or focus svt pump most people seem to recommend on here.

sweet thanks for all the advice. Ya ill just find a one piece the,n better than speending a bunch on a new driveshaft. that fuel pump is a good idea too because i was thinking of doing that anyway.
-thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back