Drivers seat button will not work in forward?

turn_on68

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Drivers seat button will not work in forward when sitting in it. If I want to back up the seat no problem, but to go forward I have to get out of the car. Anyone know what to check?

Seems to be pretty common issue. I can only move mine forward by doing it while panic braking, or having one of my kids push it from behind. Going back seems to work better but I still usually assist it with leg power.

I have taken the seat out and swapped the front/back motor with the up/down motor, and the brushes, and still doesn't work. I didn't think it was the track, but if I get a chance to take it out again I will check.

At least the drivers side auto movement can be turned off, the passenger side can't.

It's a loss of a cool feature, but get the seat where you need it to drive comfortably and reach under the seat and unplug it. Before long it'll fail and the seat will be stuck where it fails
One of my 93s decided to fail when I had the seat in the forward most position, then I couldn't fit in the car to drive at all

Hey Sap...If you don't want the seat to move....do you unplug everything? I want to keep it where it's at (to many different drivers right now).

Yup, I unplugged everything for the driver seat, but not the seat belt wire

Currently my seat works as should, and I have personal spare tracks, motors and modules in my parts closet. My only wish is that the seat would move Faster

Been working with a friend that has an Alternator/Starter rebuild shop to try and get the speed figured out

Members online

No members online now.
Back