Driver's door lock wont work...please help

alexchern75

LVC Member
Reaction score
This has just been a ridiculous week...tranny rebuild, trunk not popping and now this...
2000 LS sport
My remote locks and unlocks every door except for the driver's door, same thing with the switch on the driver's door, it will operate all of the locks except for the driver's door. this happened once a few days ago and again today except that today it didnt just fix itself.
I am able to lock and unlock using the key so at least that works...it has also rained a lot lately, any ideas before I jump off a bridge?

What about hanging yourself?? lol (sorry I don't know about the locks, haven't had that problem yet).

well, since the key operates the lock, then its obviously not stuck.
its either a failed electrical connection to that one lock, or the actuator on the lock itself is bad. Either way, you'll have to take the door apart. put a tester on the actuator and hit the switch, if the tester lights, then your connection is good and its the actuator that's bad.

this is all just simple electrical guesswork on my part, by the way, i've never done this nor have i ever worked on door locks. But this is what I would do to start diagnosing the problem.

If the actuator is bad, this is how much it would cost.

2W4Z-54203A29-AB List $168.92 LVC $125.78
You can order it at www.teamfordparts.com

Also, the site will show $113.76 as the price, Trademotion has not updated the prices on the web site yet. But you can verify the list price by calling any Ford or L/M dealer and supply them with the part # above.

alexchern75 said:
This has just been a ridiculous week...tranny rebuild, trunk not popping and now this...
2000 LS sport
My remote locks and unlocks every door except for the driver's door, same thing with the switch on the driver's door, it will operate all of the locks except for the driver's door. this happened once a few days ago and again today except that today it didnt just fix itself.
I am able to lock and unlock using the key so at least that works...it has also rained a lot lately, any ideas before I jump off a bridge?

I had this problem but it was on the rear passenger door so I couldn't do anything to it, at least you can use your key to lock/unlock. I took it to the dealership and paid $100 for the deductable and got if fixed, next thing you it went out 2 weeks later same problem same door. Dropped off my car today, actually just got back from the dealership so hopefully those dumbasses can fix it right this time.
The lock on that door won't even lock/unlock.

I guess since it didn't rain over night the system dried up and is now working perfectly. This weekend I'm going to take the door apart and see where the water is entering and which component is being affected. I may have to silicone some connectors, I'll keep everyone updated

the driver side in mine wont lock when you start to drive i have to manually lock it and then sometimes it doesnt work when i use my keyless entry

If the actuator is bad, this is how much it would cost.

2W4Z-54203A29-AB List $168.92 LVC $125.78
You can order it at www.teamfordparts.com

Also, the site will show $113.76 as the price, Trademotion has not updated the prices on the web site yet. But you can verify the list price by calling any Ford or L/M dealer and supply them with the part # above.

I'm on the lookout for a new actuator. Found this from Tasca for $182 http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/2w4z54203a29ab

Anyone know if I can find one cheaper? Are there different actuators for different doors? I am looking for the passenger rear.

I just ran into this same problem with the drivers door. I thought I would look here for guidance and without fail you guys came through. Thanks for all the input.

When my first LS driver door lock quit working, I found that the mechanism had NO lubrication. After taking apart the inner door trim I noticed that I COULD have just removed the lower,inner screw on the driver door ,and sprayed wd40 in and down on the mechanism,followed by some white lithium grease SPRAY.Worth a try,don't you think? don-ohio :)^)

I just ran into this same problem with the drivers door. I thought I would look here for guidance and without fail you guys came through. Thanks for all the input.

When my first LS driver door lock quit working, I found that the mechanism had NO lubrication. After taking apart the inner door trim I noticed that I COULD have just removed the lower,inner screw on the driver door ,and sprayed wd40 in and down on the mechanism,followed by some white lithium grease SPRAY.Worth a try,don't you think? don-ohio :)^)
I will definitely try that before anything else. I noticed today that the lock works with the key but, if you use the key pad that door won't lock or unlock. It seems kinda stuck and your recommendation would seem to be the easy fix for this.

I'm all about easy.... I'm not to mechanicly inclined [emoji1] I changed a head light a few weeks ago and I thought I had did a complete overhaul of the front end [emoji24].

Thanks for the tip.

similar problem I have.
my 2006 Navigator driver door lock button does not work, but I can close the car with the wireless control, any suggestion?
also there is not water to my windshield when I try to clean it, the tank is full.

similar problem I have.
my 2006 Navigator driver door lock button does not work, but I can close the car with the wireless control, any suggestion?
also there is not water to my windshield when I try to clean it, the tank is full.

I suspect that you would get better advice on a Navigator forum. The LS is nothing like the Navigator. It doesn't use the same parts.

similar problem I have.

If you try the sprayer in the driveway, does it leave a puddle? If so, ruptured line or the line has come off the nozzle. If not, the sprayer motor is bad, or as was mentioned the fuse is blown. You should also be able to HEAR the pump operate, especially if someone else operates the pump while you are under the hood and listening, engine off. The pump is at the bottom of the reservoir, so you can check from there and trace the hose back. Rubber hose does eventually wear out. So far as the door lock button not working but the remote does, this points towards the door switch going bad. You can try pulling it apart and cleaning it, but you'll likely do better just replacing it. Door switches are normally in the 60 dollar range. If you decide to try pulling it apart and cleaning it be careful, some of those switches have springs inside and if you just yank it apart parts go everywhere. Do everything slowly and deliberately.

Members online

No members online now.
Back