Driver Door Window Broke

triniti

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 LS6 and all of a sudden the driver's door window stopped working. I think I may have caused it when the window was frozen shut a couple times this winter and i keept trying to force it with the switch.

I can hear the motor operating when I hit the switch. The window goes up but not down. I pulled the door apart and saw that the window bracket on the left had one of the track guide prongs that keeps it moving on the track and the guide ball was no longer in the bracket (image attached). The window was no longer in either of the channels. Apparently they lost their seal. The broken one wouldn't move at all but the one on the right would move up and down.

1) Where can I find the entire replacement channel for the guide track or is the dealer my only option?

2) Should I replace the other channel guide at the bolt or just clean everything thoroughly and reglue the window in the channels.

3) What type of adhesive should I use to hold the window in the new rubber channels or is adhesive not necessary?

A prompt response for properly fixing the window will be greatly appreciated.

IM000308.jpg

It sounds like you need a new regulator. There is no adhesive used to hold the glass to the regulator, it's pinched in. The dealer or junkyard are your two options - I recommend dealer.

Your picture confirms you need a new regulator. The plastic part is a known issue. Expect to pay about $130.

What Is A Regulator?

Dutch said:
Your picture confirms you need a new regulator. The plastic part is a known issue. Expect to pay about $130.

Which part is the regulator?

triniti said:
Which part is the regulator?

The regulator is the part the motor moves to move your window. I had the same prob with mine this winter the same piece broke and I just changed the window regulator that I picked up from the dealer for about $100 you cant just replace the "channels". you have to replace the whole thing. :monkey:

you can actually but the motor and regulator seperately now. Each is under 50 dollars last time I checked. PM mrzee at 5 star ford, an LvC prefered vendor, in my signature below and he can hook you up with a quote.

It might take about two hours total to disassemble and reassemble.

Got The Hook Up!

I got a new complete regulator for the driver's door, motor and all, for $88 including tax. My girlfriends mom works at a Ford dealership. It was originally $125 for the whole thing.

I decided to just replace the whole thing instead of just that one part.

Thanks for all of your help.

Members online

Back