double din radio?

mayo12080

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i found the dream stereo for the ls an ecplise AVN2454 radio/nav/dvd player that is double din. now could that big ol radio be safely squeezed into a 02 ls with the alpine system (factory) with out modification

mayo

only if u get the double din dash kit, but you should be able to get in there with only slight mods if any, shudnt b too difficult.

No its not hard at all. As long as you are good at soldering wire and etc. It is easy. One problem I have it that u have to cut the a/c control brackets that connect it to the main radio. There by cutting it, you will have a small gap. I was looking at that radio but instead got an alpine iva-w505

2268d7d5.gif

No its not hard at all. As long as you are good at soldering wire and etc. It is easy. One problem I have it that u have to cut the a/c control brackets that connect it to the main radio. There by cutting it, you will have a small gap. I was looking at that radio but instead got an alpine iva-w505

2268d7d5.gif

hey on either the dash kit or the climate controls, there are three little pegs that slide into matching holes (this keeps the radio and the climate controls lined up with each other), trim down half of the pegs and that gay little gap will dissapear;)

Nice one...
And from MAYO... 1 point for you.

I wonder why everyone ignored him back in 2004?

i don't think that they made that dash kit back then, just the factory nav bezel that everybody modded,

however you gotta give people props for searching

Well the a/c controls sticks out farther. In order for it to be straight it has to be angled backed. I wil show a pic wed

the climate control should not stick out further than the radio, they should be flush with each other, the climate controls should only stick out further than the ash tray

i know that these are 2nd gen pics but the issue is the same
DSCN0993.jpg

not trimmed with gaps

IMG_0550Large.jpg

done right with no gaps

also if there is too much stuff (wires and harnesses) behind the radio can also make this much worse, all the wires and harness need to be pushed off to the sides to make it fit properly, if you can barely get radio back into the hole to get the 8mm bolt in and just use the bolts to pull the radio all the way in it will push out in the center

In that setup is the radio and climate control still connected. Because I had to cut the bracket in order to put my radio in. So now if I want to take me radio out I only have to unsrew the two srews at the top and it is out.

In that setup is the radio and climate control still connected.
it sure is, with out the bracket holding it together it will bulge out in the center kinda like ...

Because I had to cut the bracket in order to put my radio in. So now if I want to take me radio out I only have to unsrew the two srews at the top and it is out.

theres the problem, you dont have the bracket holding every thing together nice and tight

Members online

Back