Door Seals... Are they bad?

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have a little problem, my door seals or atlaest i think my door seals are bad, maybe you can help me... well when i'm driving on the highway, where my window controls are there is an unusually high amount of air flowing throw that freely when i'm doing about 70 miles per hour on the highway... i just noticed it today when i was driving home because the air was particualry cold and my hand was resting there... does that have something to do with the chrome strips above my door handles near the window? because they look kind of tweaked... or atleast to me they do... any thoughts? :confused:

Thanks,
--Josh

Mine does it too. It is not because of a leak though. I can't remeber for sure but i think if you have the a/c off and the sun roof open it will happen.

I would note that cold air sealing was one issue the engineers addressed and improved when they upgraded the LS from the 00-02 models to the 03+ models. My 03 LS has a tiny bit of cold air entering from the door handles, and that's about it.

Now, that being said, your situation may be worse than average on your 2002 model because of seal wear, broken trim, etc. I would have the dealer check it out. In fact, you may want to take one of the technicians for a test-drive to show him what you're talking about.

I would note that cold air sealing was one issue the engineers addressed and improved when they upgraded the LS from the 00-02 models to the 03+ models. My 03 LS has a tiny bit of cold air entering from the door handles, and that's about it.

Now, that being said, your situation may be worse than average on your 2001 model because of seal wear, broken trim, etc. I would have the dealer check it out. In fact, you may want to take one of the technicians for a test-drive to show him what you're talking about.

There is a certain amount of circulation built into the car through venting, etc. But you shouldn't be freezing your hand off! I have noticed this problem on my 01 too. I fixed it by resealing the door panel to door area. If you have removed your door panels for work, speakers, etc, there is a real possiblility you have either torn or improperly located the "tar paper" seal. What I did was very simple and effective. I used heavy guage plastic and duct tape. I sealed the whole door off and only cut the plastic where necessary for wiring, etc. Then I sealed around those openings with tape too. The result was amazing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back