door open wont go off

crownvicjim

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
when i close the driver door the door open on the computer wont go off. sometimes it works fine, other times it wont shut off for a couple of days. every once in a while i will be driving and it will show the door is opened and then it will just go off like normal. it never has a set pattern. most cars have a little button in the door jamb that is actuated when shut. i didnt see one on the mark 8. just wondering if there is an adjustment or some other way to fix the problem. thanks.

Do a search on "door Ajar" The fix for this is spraying the latch with wd-40, then opening and closing, and repeat.

My car does the same thing sometimes but with the passenger side, I tryed to spray it but it still does it every once in a while, and when I start driving the light is still on but then goes out after about a min.. damn lincolns.. lol, might have to clean up the contacts on the door switch

i can't put my seat all the way back because the door ajar warning comes on. wd-40 didn't help

Wd-40 worked for me.

The seat not going back has nothing to do with the door ajar. You should be able to move the seat regardless.

You actually need to dance around your car and say a chant to make the evil door ajar spirits leave your car.

I was given the same advice, used the wd 40 and opened and shut my door probably 100 times before it went away. But the wd 40 worked. just takes awhile sometimes. spray the crap out of it and just keep it sprayed and shut your door a couple times every time you get in and out, and.. it'll go away.

Members online

No members online now.
Back