Door Keypad reset?

sneth

LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the original code for the door keypad. I do not know what it is now.

is there a way to reest to factory?

2000 continental

unless I am totally missreading your post, the factory IS the original code and cannot be changed without taking apart the keyless module..

if your looking to change the 'custom' code, then refer to your owners manual.

ok maybe people are reading my post correctly.

I have NO idea what the current code is.

i still have the sticker with the factory code in my trunk, but that is clearly NOT what the code is at this moment. It was changed long before i owned the vehicle.

Sooooooooo.
is there a way to set the code back to factory default
so i can use the code
on the sticker
in my
trunk

MichiganTeddyBear said:
unless I am totally missreading your post, the factory IS the original code and cannot be changed without taking apart the keyless module..

if your looking to change the 'custom' code, then refer to your owners manual.

this is for the lil number pad on the door. you can change this by setting the system to a 'learn-mode'. very similar to how you program new remote unlocking clickers.

if the code was changed, then either the module that runs the keyless has been changed, or it was modified... also a possibility is a bad keypad.. sending the wrong info to the controller when the keys are pressed.

I am not familiar with the 2000's keyless controller, so I cant help any on the location or other issues with it. but if its like the older ones, there is 5 resistors or wires inside it that program the code. also, if its like the older ones, the keypad only has 1 or 2 wires from it, and it actually changes resistance between the wires depending on which key is pressed.. therefore a bad keypad can cause problems with entering a keycode.

it's not bad. I'm telling you: It has been changed! I know this 100%.

that is all.

nothing is broken, nothing is wrong.

You can change the code. Now i need to know what it is....

From what I remember the orginal code should always work in addition to the custom code.

The manual for my 94 says that you can not change the factory code. I dont know if it changed for your year. Either way it doenst sound like anybody here has an answer for you. Maybe ask a ford dealer?

sneth said:
it's not bad. I'm telling you: It has been changed! I know this 100%.
that is all.
nothing is broken, nothing is wrong.
You can change the code. Now i need to know what it is....

PLEASE, don't say "IT" when were talking about two seperate units here.

Everyone responding here is correct. The code number on the trunk sticker IS the original code, it cannot be changed without resoldering the internal resisters of the DDM (Driver Door Module) regardless of what you've heard elsewhere.

IF that code does not unlock the doors, there's one of several possibilities:
1) The keypad can have a 'stuck' key giving a constant short message to the DDM.
2) The keypad can be defective and totally useless.
3) The DDM was replaced and the trunk sticker was not updated.
4) In some cases, replacing the DDM cures all ailments, and will come with a new code. You may, or may not update the trunk sticker. There's where the problem may be at this point.

The best way to find out if the code sticker (from the trunk) has the correct number is to remove the drivers door panels, get the DDM in your hand, and read the number printed on the side of it. That's the code number.

After you've confirmed that the number you 'think' is correct, we can take this to the next level.

PS:

After you've found the correct "Permanent Factory Code" you can ADD another code, not change the original.

Here's the process:

Programming —Keyless Entry Keypad Code

1) Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.

2) Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The door locks will lock, then unlock, confirming the codes are erased. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.

3) Enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code.

4) To associate the new code with personality position 1 or 2, press the 1/2 button within 7.5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.

5) If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 7.5 seconds of the last button pressed.

6) After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
* Transmitters can be programmed within 7.5 seconds of the last keypad code entered.
* Press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit the program mode.
* Wait for 7.5 seconds; the driver door module (DDM) will exit the program mode automatically.

TownCar said:
PLEASE, don't say "IT" when were talking about two seperate units here.

Everyone responding here is correct. The code number on the trunk sticker IS the original code, it cannot be changed without resoldering the internal resisters of the DDM (Driver Door Module) regardless of what you've heard elsewhere.

IF that code does not unlock the doors, there's one of several possibilities:
1) The keypad can have a 'stuck' key giving a constant short message to the DDM.
2) The keypad can be defective and totally useless.
3) The DDM was replaced and the trunk sticker was not updated.
4) In some cases, replacing the DDM cures all ailments, and will come with a new code. You may, or may not update the trunk sticker. There's where the problem may be at this point.

The best way to find out if the code sticker (from the trunk) has the correct number is to remove the drivers door panels, get the DDM in your hand, and read the number printed on the side of it. That's the code number.

After you've confirmed that the number you 'think' is correct, we can take this to the next level.

PS:

After you've found the correct "Permanent Factory Code" you can ADD another code, not change the original.

Here's the process:

Programming —Keyless Entry Keypad Code

1) Enter the permanent factory keyless entry keypad code.

2) Press the 1/2 button within five seconds to activate the programming mode. Holding the 1/2 button for more than two seconds will erase all stored customer codes. The door locks will lock, then unlock, confirming the codes are erased. The existing codes do not need to be erased to program new codes.

3) Enter the new five-digit keyless entry keypad code.

4) To associate the new code with personality position 1 or 2, press the 1/2 button within 7.5 seconds of entering the 5th digit of the new code for position 1 or 3/4 button for position 2. The door locks will lock and unlock confirming the new code is programmed.

5) If another code is to be programmed, begin entering the code within 7.5 seconds of the last button pressed.

6) After all new keyless entry codes are programmed:
* Transmitters can be programmed within 7.5 seconds of the last keypad code entered.
* Press keyless entry keypad buttons 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to exit the program mode.
* Wait for 7.5 seconds; the driver door module (DDM) will exit the program mode automatically.

I think thats what I was trying to say, thank you for clarifying it.. :)

MichiganTeddyBear said:
I think thats what I was trying to say, thank you for clarifying it.. :)

no, you were being daft, they were narrowing it down.

i'll go to the markviii forums. this place is a joke...

they will tell you the same thing...

there is NO way to change the permanent (factory) code without changing or disassembling the module and reprogramming it that way.

sneth said:
no, you were being daft, they were narrowing it down.
i'll go to the markviii forums. this place is a joke...

You'll have the same response to the same questions. Apparently you have no clue what everyone's saying. We're obviously experienced where you are not, and you critisize without verification ---

Gald to see you go !!! My only regret is the wasted time on you.

u didnt waste your time. You stated your clear assesment of the situation.

I've had many ford's and lincoln's. I am well aware of what is possible with these systems.

MichiganTeddyBear, ont he other hand, had no real idea what he/she was talking about, or the depth of this question.

sneth said:
I know the original code for the door keypad. I do not know what it is now.

is there a way to reest to factory?

2000 continental

That is your question...

plain and simple

NOW... here is what I said... YOU CANNOT change the factory code without replacing the keyless module, OR opening the module itself and reprogramming it.... I also said (or implied) that the permanent code programmed into the module ALWAYS works, unless there is a failure elsewhere, such as a bad keypad

READ... you need to learn to READ

I thought it was pretty obvious what he was saying,... I don't understand why you want to critize somebody for trying to help...

awww, sniffles.

you can change it from the factory code. Go back to being ignorant plz.

If you can change it from the factory code, then how do you do it. You seem pretty confident that it can be done, just tell us how to do it.

Oh, wait, you can't....what an idiot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back