Door Is Not Ajar!!

netsurfer321

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Quick question about a '95 continental. I keep getting the annoying "Door Ajar" warning on my dash. Does anyone know where the actual door sensors are on these things? they arent anywhere around the edge, and I removed the door panels and still could not locate it. It is obviously not the drivers door. Thanks!

Did anyone find a fix for this?

I'm getting this same problem now. It only seems to happen when it rains or the humidity is high. I also noticed that the alarm goes off from time to time. This must be the same issue of the car believing the doors are ajar. Last weekend, the interior light would not go off after I turned the car off and locked it with the remote? If anyone knows about this please respond. It's wierd because my LS gives me the same problem. I'm convinced it's a Lincoln issue.

97 Cont.

Ive had the same problem with the same car and it still isnt fixed all the way i just got it to stop sayin the door is ajar by messing with the latch but the alarm still goes off for no reason at all sometimes

AlexM7newbie said:
Ive had the same problem with the same car and it still isnt fixed all the way i just got it to stop sayin the door is ajar by messing with the latch but the alarm still goes off for no reason at all sometimes
I just located another post: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=7857

Check that one out. I'm convinced that's the culprit. I just WD40'd mine. If it works I have to tell this other guy at my job with the same car. Mine just started doing this last week. But his car has been doing this for a few years now and it annoys everyone in the building. I'll just ask him if his door ajar sensor is on.

Worked on my 90 TC rear doors, 95 and 98 Marks pass side door on both.

I used WD40 the mechanism once a day over a period of 3-4 days then I put a rubber protectant on the door weatherstrip to help with sticking. Open and closed 4-5times. I spray all the doors when I change the oil now.

No more problems.

It seems to be on doors that are not used very much.

yup.. my 92 cougar did the same thing a while ago... and whats bad about that is the auto seatbelt shoots to the open position!

cleaning the latch fixed it.

Door Ajar??

New to this site. I see the postings for the door ajar issues. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same on a 2000 Lincoln Cont. This car has been babied and has 70,000 miles. the back doors hardly ever used. Would this still be a latch assembly issue or something else? I have to pull the # 31 fuse to disengage the interior lights so my battery won't go down. Any suggestions?

Just fixed the same problem on my '96 Mark VIII last month.

The grease used to lube the switch plunger and latch had turned to a stiff goo. Shooting the whole assembly with WD-40 or something similar breaks up the old grease so things can move again.

This was the drivers door, which is used a lot as I drive the car every day, so it's not just a problem with doors that aren't used frequently.

I guess the best thing would be to pull the latch, clean it out real good and regrease it, if you have the time.

remember, when you hose down the latch with wd40.. you need to make sure to spray UP (towards top of latch) a lot.

the switch may live up there (it did on my 91 conti, and my 92 cougar).

HOLY OLD POST

but..

This exact problem is how I found the mark 8 message boards back in 1999.

WD40!!!

Members online

Back