Done with the LS problems,,it's going away !

roncoinc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought it 4/24/15 and i have enjoyed it for the 12K miles i have drove it.

the broken CD player i tried to fix three times was annoying but i lived without it.

The advance trac light flashing that i taped over was ok but the annoying noise and having to hit reset every time i started the car was a pain.

then i had to put front brake pads on and it need's rear ones now..

had to re charge the AC.

the tires will barely pass inspection now.

the tranny is showing signs of hard shifting.

Then,,a couple days ago the cruise control quit completely,wont even turn on.

after i bought the car i found out what it really was,,said i wouldn't put good money after bad and i wont.

It is listed on CL now.

Tomorrow i pick up my new to me 04 Town Car ultimate,,,end of problems :)

Oh yeh,,and it got the sunroof and the carriage roof and LOT'S of CHROME !! :)

So now,,,,,,,

Que........

BR ,,,,,,,,

and..........

https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE

They say of flat roofs that, 'It's not IF it'll leak, but when and where'. With ANY car it's, 'What'll need fixing and when...'. You bought a 'fixer' and now are disappointed that it needs work. Just say'n!

KS

12 years old with 128k...

CD player was always junk ... $200 replacement
Pads...wear item... any car needs that $50
AC ... wear item ... and old car needs that $100
Tires..wear item... any car needs that ... $400
Cruise...luxury item...but common... $150 fix

tranny and tack wound need investigating...

but $450 in repairs and $450 in maintenance items doesn't seem that bad?!?

you got a $40K luxury car for $2000... its gonna take a little to get it back in shape...

Maybe im missing something other than just frustration.. But to expect a $2000 car to be flawless is crazy, no?

Hope the next goes better for you!

They say of flat roofs that, 'It's not IF it'll leak, but when and where'. With ANY car it's, 'What'll need fixing and when...'. You bought a 'fixer' and now are disappointed that it needs work. Just say'n!

KS

Wasnt a "fixer" when i bought it.
everything worked.
also,,not disappointed,,..
I enjoyed the hell out of the car,,,..
I still like it but with seven vehicles it does not fit in any place anymore.
I want a land yacht now...
if it dont sell it can sit in next to the Mercedes,Maserati ,corvette,,and others and be yard art.. !!
drive it once in awhile for fun..
dont think that i "hate" the car,,i love it,,just not going to put any money into it now that i know what it is :)

Dirty, needs gas, needs oil change, needs tires, needs brakes... Time for a new car!!

12 years old with 128k...

CD player was always junk ... $200 replacement
Pads...wear item... any car needs that $50
AC ... wear item ... and old car needs that $100
Tires..wear item... any car needs that ... $400
Cruise...luxury item...but common... $150 fix

tranny and tack wound need investigating...

but $450 in repairs and $450 in maintenance items doesn't seem that bad?!?

you got a $40K luxury car for $2000... its gonna take a little to get it back in shape...

Maybe im missing something other than just frustration.. But to expect a $2000 car to be flawless is crazy, no?

Hope the next goes better for you!

You just listed $900 .

thats 1/2 what i paid for it !!

not counting trans problems..

If the dang thang werent so nice looking and so much fun to drive ,,,,i suppose i could keep it in the rotation for the fun of it until it died,,then scrap it..

Dang !! now i'm thinking how much fun is left for dollars i can get for it ??

First one I bought,Ron, was 7400 back in 2011,a V6 with only 77K miles on it. Still runs stong, but will need a few hundred dollars in TLC before long.
Next one was 6500 and only had 65K miles on it,a V8. Runs great! You just bought one that no one had taken proper care of,I'd say.
don-ohio :)^)

You just listed $900 .

thats 1/2 what i paid for it !!

not counting trans problems..

If the dang thang werent so nice looking and so much fun to drive ,,,,i suppose i could keep it in the rotation for the fun of it until it died,,then scrap it..

Dang !! now i'm thinking how much fun is left for dollars i can get for it ??

True....

I guess I don't see why a used car shouldn't need work... You paid HALF the value of the car (on a good day) and 1/20th of its original value... how is $1000 in repairs not expected?!?!

I agree the the trans is a concern... and cant fault you for selling because of that.... but the rest is just routine maintenance.. not the cars fault.

I'm not sure how I can take a post complaining that the tires are worn out as a reason to get rid of a car seriously. Sounds like satire.

First one I bought,Ron, was 7400 back in 2011,a V6 with only 77K miles on it. Still runs stong, but will need a few hundred dollars in TLC before long.
Next one was 6500 and only had 65K miles on it,a V8. Runs great! You just bought one that no one had taken proper care of,I'd say.
don-ohio :)^)

And for my second one, looks like I am going to be just shy of 10k invested when done this weekend. That's with Grandpa and Grandma taking care of it like old folks with hand written notes each month! Of course, probably would be near 6k if I could do the work myself.

I'm not sure how I can take a post complaining that the tires are worn out as a reason to get rid of a car seriously. Sounds like satire.

I'm not taking it as a complaint about the LS. He's making a financial decision on keeping the car or not. He's listing all the expenses coming up soon if he were to keep it. I don't think those are really the reason for getting rid of it, but they add to the justification.

If the expense of new tires is a serious consideration on someone's financials they shouldn't be in the business of owning luxury vehicles, regardless of the vehicles' age.

If the expense of new tires is a serious consideration on someone's financials they shouldn't be in the business of owning luxury vehicles, regardless of the vehicles' age.

I don't think he said anything about not being able to afford it. I think he just decided he wanted something else, so why put more money into the LS if he was going to swap cars soon anyway...
Ideally, if you are going to get rid of a car that has little to no resale value, you might as well get everything you can out of it. Wait till it needs brakes, tires, tune-up, cooling system, and anything else you could defer till the end.

Anyway, I don't know the motivations. I'm just saying that there is more than one way to look at it.

Just sad to see one dying and no one to do anything for it but watch it suffer. :(

I don't think he said anything about not being able to afford it. I think he just decided he wanted something else, so why put more money into the LS if he was going to swap cars soon anyway...
Ideally, if you are going to get rid of a car that has little to no resale value, you might as well get everything you can out of it. Wait till it needs brakes, tires, tune-up, cooling system, and anything else you could defer till the end.

Anyway, I don't know the motivations. I'm just saying that there is more than one way to look at it.

Thank you Joe,,and also for all the help along my enjoyable ride with the LS.

"afford" it ??? from the smallest of my three checking acct's i could write a check for any brand new Lincoln model ..

It was a fun distraction and i enjoyed the heck out of it !!!

Besides the issues with it i found it inspired me to seek a greater comfort level.

so i picked up another car today.

Listed the LS on CL and in one day a buyer gave me what i paid for it.

after a test drive he fell in love like i did :)

I FULLY disclosed everything about it and told him about the tranny,,tried to make it shift hard but it wouldnt today .

I deliver it tomorrow and he gives me a ride back home.

he will take care of it and keep it going so it isn't like it's going off to die,,just a new caretaker :)

As i write this i sigh and wonder if i should keep it ,,but alas,,to many vehicles as it is.

and i need room for the new land yacht !!

keeping in the family any way..

MVC-901F_2.jpg

MVC-901F_2.jpg

Delivered the LS this mornin,almost forgot to take my plates !! :)

Buyer wanted me to deliver ASAP as he wanted to plate it and get on the road quick !!

i'm glad it' going to a " car guy " that knows how to work on them and appreciates it.

However after driving the " land yacht " more i dont think i will miss the LS and it's problems at all :)

the 04 TC ultimate ,,is,,,an old man's car,,fit's me perfect !! :)

Delivered the LS this mornin,almost forgot to take my plates !! :)

Buyer wanted me to deliver ASAP as he wanted to plate it and get on the road quick !!

i'm glad it' going to a " car guy " that knows how to work on them and appreciates it.

However after driving the " land yacht " more i dont think i will miss the LS and it's problems at all :)

the 04 TC ultimate ,,is,,,an old man's car,,fit's me perfect !! :)

Now you just need to lower it, put on big wheels, add bucket seats and a spoiler!! :steering:steering:steering

Now you just need to lower it, put on big wheels, add bucket seats and a spoiler!! :steering:steering:steering

No,no,no,,i can step out of the TC instead of climb UP and out of the LS :)
no lowering !!!

Bucket seats WOULD be nice if they were more comfortable than the ones in the LS :)
Ok,,i DO miss the cooled seats,,,,even with good air cond i found parts stuck together at the rest stop !! LOL !!!

Only thing looking to add to it the LS was missing is more CHROME !!!!

Like the Ford 500, only fancy. AWD,but looks like the Taurus or Ford 500 in that body style. don-ohio :)^)

Members online

No members online now.
Back