Does this look like a good deal?

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So for the past several months I've been looking around for a 2001-2005 Cadillac Deville or a 1994-1996 Fleetwood. I've seen almost no Fleetwoods for sale around me but I came across this 2003 Deville for sale at a good price, there is also a 2002 Deville for $2,000 I want to look at, not sure about the mileage but it looks like it cant be that high. I will include the links to them.

2003: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4169918246.html

2002: http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/4205137253.html

I like the Black one a lot too, it looks pretty loaded, it has the parking sensors and StabiliTrak which wasn't all that common on the base Devilles. It was probably garage kept too the paint looks really good, usually the black on these cars looks a bit faded. The only thing is it is about 80 miles from me, I have no problem going that far for a car, it would probably be better considering I live near the ocean in NJ where they also use salt on roads, I've seen some Devilles by me that the whole rear suspension was rusted through, but the 2002 is only about 8 miles from me.

hmmmm that's a tough one. i guess it depends on how good a shape the other one is in.

Yeah I showed a Mechanic friend of mine the two and he said that he liked how the add for the 2002 had a picture of the engine and it looked really clean, he thinks I should consider that one especially since its a lot closer to me. I know it's only like five minutes away from me but I've been really busy lately and will try to get over there one of these days. I was planning on taking my mechanic friend with me too and his work schedule is hectic as well so I might see for this weekend I don't know, I'm not too worried I have been keeping an eye on this car for about a month now. I drove buy the place last night but didn't stop it was closed, dark and cold out so I didn't feel like stopping.

Well if you trust this guy then it would be easier to get the one closest to you i guess. but can't really go wrong with either one. but i still like the black one best lol

I know right, something's telling me they're going to want $8,000 for it even though it's only worth about half that

you know it. thats why they didn't quote the price lol. but...cash talks if you show'em cash they will bend.

Yeah, it's either ones with mileage out the ass or, $5,000 more than the cars worth, im actually at the point of considering a 2005 with 185,000 miles! they only want $1,800 bucks for it and it actually looks clean for the mileage, it was a Fleet car so it's really basic, I don't mind and probably prefer that, they claim it runs great without any problems and the carfax is very clean for the mileage. I was weary about looking at cars with that many miles, but I figure if I can get at the most 2-3 years out of it ill be happy, and if something major goes wrong, I wouldn't be that much invested into it and could keep it and get another Deville and use that one for parts, or sell the car for parts and make a profit. The place selling it is offering a warranty with the car as well.

Here's some pics. nQ_800.jpgNw_800.jpg2g_800.jpgMg_800.jpgtQ_800.jpg

nQ_800.jpg

Nw_800.jpg

2g_800.jpg

Mg_800.jpg

tQ_800.jpg

In addition, the dealer is recommended by both carfax and auto trader, on top of the warranty, they have a buy back guarantee on the car.

You might me surprised and find out that it might not be listed as high as you think (the 04 with the black interior). Call them and see how much they would want. I personally would spend 5K to get a mint car than pay 2K for a car that would require work.

But then again these are N* engines so, the higher mileage one could have had a HG done already while the other one might require it 5K after you buy it. So in this case I would buy the cheaper one because it really is a gamble for N* powered cars.

That's what I was thinking with the cheaper high mileage one, it's so cheap though that if something goes wrong, I wouldn't be that much into it. The Northstars after 2004 are definitely more reliable than past years because of the new bolt design, I doubt either has or even will have a head gasket problem. still I like the deal with the 2005

Members online

Back