Do You Guys Have These?

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was changing my oil for the first time since I bought this car (4300 miles) and saw these frame connector/braces from the front suspension to the frame. Now, my '00 Sport didn't have them so I am wondering if they were installed from a certain year forward. These are on my '02 LSE.

braces.jpg

braces2.jpg

There was a thread on this awhile back, some have them some don't.

my 02 has them. I wonder if there where instability issues on the first run of the LS

In the other thread I think every LS has them except for the very first few??? Maybe? Again noting possible stability issues up front.

02/28/00 front subframe connectors added. It changed the weight distribution by 1% forward. From Grayghost1's post about differences in LS over the years.

wow. They seem necessary don't they?

Any noticeable difference?

I didnt notice any difference at all honestly. I'm sure they make the frame more rigid and handle better but I dont drive the cars in to corners at 60-70mph either.

The suspension on my '00, without the stiffeners, actually rode better but I did alot more work to the front end of that car than I have to done to my '02 so far. I just ordered front hubs and inner/outer tie rod ends. Next up...lower ball joints, upper control arms and stabilizer bar bushings

LOL... I already replaced my motor and tranny mounts with them... I can def. feel a difference.

Well, that answers that for me. Thanks guys for the responses!

wheels seem interesting demarko...pics?

Those are Stern ST-8 rims that are 18x8 with a 38mm offset. I like the look but the clear coat has already come off on two of them.

Here is a pic with them on my '00. I need to get some more pics of the '02 up but have been MIA for a few months.

i10946.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back