Disappointed in American Air

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
One of the headaches of these cars is obtaining parts. Both aftermarket and factory, this has become an increasingly bigger headache it seems. People either take their sweet time sending parts, or have a million excuses. Honestly can say only two members have handled transactions like adults.

Ordered a new compressor, dryer, and relay from Eddie on March 6th. If I recall correctly it was about a two week delay on orders. This is fine, and I sent both PM's and an email (never received a reply) asking for an approximate time frame of when everything would ship. I work out of town for extended periods and prefer not having packages sitting on my doorstep.

After about 5 weeks of no communication I called on a Friday (Apr 6th) and was told it was being sent that Monday. Dawned on me earlier this week that I still hadn't received anything. Called again on the 25th and was told it would be assembled and shipped. Was given an excuse as to the delay, which left me annoyed.

Box showed up today and I got the compressor/dryer, but alas no relay (wtf?). Checked the site to see if it was by chance on back order, shows they are in stock. Invoice shows the compressor was checked off, and a D/S written next to the relay. No idea what that means, and pretty mad nothing was mentioned about my not receiving a relay if it is in fact out of stock.

So I am now left debating if I want to actually install this compressor or send it back out of principal. Don't like doing business with a company that requires me to track my items down, and then not receive everything. Unfortunate since I had planned on ordering a set of his air bags when they hit production. I will be making a decision on if I will install this one and calling on Monday since apparently PM and email aren't viable options.

On a side note, this is likely the final straw regarding the car. I am looking at another $15k to get it where I would want...hard to justify when I have two other vehicles and one of them runs 11's with $1k in mods.

What I don't understand is why the compressor and dryer always shows out of stock but you got that and didn't get what DOES show to be in stock. Weird... I see where you're coming from though. I hate dealing with someone that does not reply to me when I ask them something.

If you decide to not keep the compressor, PM me please. I'll take it off your hands. Mine is only two years old from Eddie also but I wouldn't mind having another. Working on the dual compressor setup like chicken and fordnut have.

I communicate btw.

I would be returning for a full refund if I go that route. So I would either install or return. I tend to do a lot of things off principal. This is why I am not sure if I want to run his components as a result of the frustrations incurred.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that things happen, but have the courtesy to let me know. This goes for quite a few members here that screwed around for weeks getting me parts.

Ok, if you do send it back, let me know so I can order it and when it comes in, maybe I'll get it within a few weeks lol. What I'm doing is no rush at all. I do completely understand what you're saying though and I have no clue what D/S means unless it's "Didn't Ship"

:q:q:q:q happens...gotta be a reason...

Don't knock the only guy trying to help us out with our dying breed

Keeping your customers informed, keeps customers. As a result I wont be returning for any other parts.

You can't seriously believe that it's wrong to post a valid issue with a vendor because they are one of the few producing parts.

Driller- Drop ship makes sense. Would have been nice had it been mentioned on the site, or when we had spoke. I made it clear I have limited time frames and this is yet another bump in the road.

I agree with Screw Rice. Eddie said he really needed core compressors to rebuild. I messaged him saying I had 6 core Mark VIII compressors. He said he would love to have them. He sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label. I sent them to him on March 7th. I was under the impression I would receive $10 apiece for them. Haven't seen anything. I have messaged twice through LVC, and haven't heard a word. The $60 isn't going to break me, it's the principal of the matter. I've probably got at least 6 more cores also but what's the point. When it comes to business, you have to communicate.

I have had the same experience a few times. In the end he delivers the goods, but is slow at times and does not keep you updated.

Air ride is a bitch anyway. Just convert to coil and be done with it.

I got a good quality conversion kit from Monroe with lifetime warranty. Ordered it through O'Reilly Auto Parts and it was in the store waiting for me to pay and pick up 2 days after calling. It was $600 out the door. Cheaper than American Air and even if someone want's argue that american air has better quality kits, anything goes wrong and Monroe will send a whole new kit for free.

Thats also been my experience and missing parts, but in the end eventually has came through.

i still have my compressor. still in car still works when i turn on switch just havent had time to take it out. on the block.remember in in a wheelchair so ive got to tell jon i need the lift.

Air ride is a bitch anyway.

190k miles and problem free. sits for weeks at a time here in the college dorm parking lot without dropping at all. original air compressor with 2 year old replaced front and rear bags.

guess its all about how well its been maintained...

guess its all about how well its been maintained...

and how quickly you address problems as they arise.

If you let a leaking bag go for months and months, you're gonna start f-ing things up. And then most people get pissed off when the air ride dies "all of a sudden"....

I agree with Screw Rice. Eddie said he really needed core compressors to rebuild. I messaged him saying I had 6 core Mark VIII compressors. He said he would love to have them. He sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label. I sent them to him on March 7th. I was under the impression I would receive $10 apiece for them. Haven't seen anything. I have messaged twice through LVC, and haven't heard a word. The $60 isn't going to break me, it's the principal of the matter. I've probably got at least 6 more cores also but what's the point. When it comes to business, you have to communicate.
Same here. Except he was supposed to send me $20. Once I sent it to him using his label, I never heard anything again, and he didn't answer when I tried to contact him. This was about a year ago.

idiot light

I think I'm going to run an idiot light up from the compressor just to see the compressor cycle -- can't hear it with the car moving -- wanted to take the source voltage at the compressor so i will know voltage is at the motor if i ever had a problem -- and from what I've heard it's just a matter of time with an 18 year old vehicle .

I don't know but Eddie's always been there when I needed him ... parts came in reasonable amount of time. He's a one man operation works out of his own small shop.

Really don't care what anyone else says ... I'll back Eddie until he's done with helping us with our cars .... and even after that ... I'll always support Eddie.

Members online

Back