Disable "Check Tail Light" Message

todd2fst4u

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I disable the "Check Tail Light" message when using LED tail light bulbs. I have resistors on the brake/turn signal circuit already to stop hyperflashing, that also prevents the "Check Brake Light" message from appearing. Is there a wire I can cut to stop the tail light message? This is for a Gen 2, any help is appreciated.

You are in a unique situation. Not sure if anyone has ever changed their high- mount 3rd brake light which may be causing the message to come up.

You may want to try a test by jumping a wire from the pink/white (+) wire off the rear brake lamp to the light green(+) wire off the high-mount brake lamp before the ballast.

This may fool the brake module to think the load at the high-mount is still the same as it was.

I found a solution that works. I have load resistors on both rear turn/brake circuits as well as both front turn signal circuits. I also had to add one load resistor to the rear tail light circuit. Only on one side though. It's working now, no hyperflash or check bulb messages.

Members online

No members online now.
Back