disable auto door lock feature?

tfrag06

LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I disable the auto door lock feature? OR how do I get ALL doors to unlock once I put the car in Park?

You can press the unlock button after you put it in park.

You can disable the auto-lock in the message center.

You do definitely do. It's in your instrument cluster. Read your manual.

If you don't have a OWNERS MANUAL you can download it from TECH ARTICLES next to SEARCH at the top of the page, TECH ARTICLE and SEARCH are your friend.

You do definitely do.

Well the V6 LS doesnt have them.

my first LS didnt have a message center!

You can press the unlock button after you put it in park.
this used to drive me crazy as i would ALWAYS forget to do this, i would run around the car to grab something only to find that it is still locked and then i have to run back around, hit unlock, then run back around to grab what i needed. it literally drove me crazy.

as for the OP, i have my viper alarm set to unlock all of the doors when the car is shut off, then it will relock them 60 seconds after the last door, trunk, or hood is shut. (i don't recommend the second part if you do not have a keypad on the drivers door)

and according to his profile, he has a 05 V6, so no, he definitely does not have a message center in his cluster.

Dealer uses the IDS to program driver preferences.

Some lincoln ls came without the message center.

The dealer uses the IDS to program driver preferences, AUTO LOCK ON/OFF, EASY ENTRY ON/OFF, HORN CHIRP ON/OFF, make a list of what you want the car to do and head to the dealer.

MR.H

This thread is a good example of what happens when you don't provide what trim level and engine LS you actually have when you ask a question.

Well i stand corrected on the message center!

I have never seen a Lincoln withou one. Shows how much I know.

Apologies to the OP.

This thread is a good example of what happens when you don't provide what trim level and engine LS you actually have when you ask a question.

+1 if its not in you signature, it should be in each and every thread asking for someone to help, as it can make differences!

Thank you gents. I will post what kind of LS I have - once I figure it out... I'll have the dealer tell me when I get it reprogramed.
Have been driving the same F150XL for 15 years... My plane jane LS is a dream!

Members online

No members online now.
Back