ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

Sapperfire

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't need to be alerted that my door is open, nor that my key is in the ignition..
Someone know where the chime is so I can DESTROY it?I've hunted all under the dash, and looking for it is just giving me a headache

Found the noisy bastid, thanks

Now, can I snip a wire to only eliminate the chime, or do I need to open up the module and snip the solder?

20130311_130252.jpg

if inford wasnt being so gay i could tell you, if you have any other requests for hard mark stuff just ask, I have my own log ins for fords online service website.

Just took the case apart and identified the chime on the board, gotta desolder it since I can't find a wire schematic specifically to eliminate it by itself

20130311_134719.jpg

Not sure about a Gen 1 Terry, but the Gen2's is behind the glove box on the right, inside a module box, I'm guessing its the Light Module?? Had to heat the solder and it came right off the board

You could have also removed the contact from the lock cylinder in the steering column...

You could have also removed the contact from the lock cylinder in the steering column...

boom. that's what i did. still warns me that i left the headlights on, but doesn't ding when i leave the keys in and open the door.

I hate that damn thing too Sapp. Someone told me mine was up in the steering column. I still haven't looked for it but is extremely annoying.

DITTO! When replacing the clock spring on my late '93 I removed the little pin that touches the key to create that annoying chime. Super easy on Gen 1's.

Members online

Back