Differences between executive and signature series?

Besides the "Signature" and "Executive" decals, not much. I've seen both that share similar options such as dual exhaust, Premium Sound, CD Changer, 3:55 gearsm and vinyl tops.

So regardless of "Sig" or "Exec" models, there's not much difference in price, performance, or design...

Are you serious? There is a night and day difference. Also, Towncars don't come with 3.55's. You can get a 3.27 or a 3.08 depending on the year. They did make a Signature Touring Sedan that had 3.55 gears.
The main difference to me between a signature and an executive series are the seats. The signature has nice plush seats that have padding around you that just sucks you in. The executive has some plain jane seats that are not nearly as comfortable. You are more likely to get more options in a signature than an executive. You probably won't find too many executives with a sunroof for example. It depends on the year but to get dual exhaust you usually have to get a Cartier.

Pepsi2185 said:
executive is base everything. Signature adds different rims and an availability of the following:

signature badging
electrochromatic rearview mirror
JBL premium sound system
Memory seat
traction control

cartier adds
tons of cartier badges, trunk lock cover, rear opera window and premium rims floormatts in some instances (depends on the level of thrifting)
cartier seats with thicker leather and extra padding
heated seats
real wood trim on the dash
electrochomatic sideview mirrors
all signature options.

mrlandyacht said:
something else to note about those years...
the 95-96 TC have dual-exhaust standard, which boosts the hp about 20 pts.
sorry, i had to say it...panthers are my specialty..lol
we have an 88 signature TC..beautiful car.
ttyl

I think that about answers it :D

Original Link: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=4913

I have also noticed the lincolns seats being way more comfortable than caddy's.

My old boss used to try and trade me her 95 deville for my 90 tc.. i drove it once, and the seats felt like school bus seats...

aight, im only 17, but i know thatt theres a lota difference between a sig. & an exec... at least for 95 & 96 town cars. i had an 95 exec, got it in january, but on easter sunday somebody wanted to run a stop sign & that was wreck. http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Napalm127-ThisIsWhatHappensWhenPplActDumb.jpg That executive didnt have: Moonroof, Compass, Steering Wheel Temperature Controls, Steering Wheel Fan Controls, Steering Wheel volume controls, Chrome Paneling along the bottom of the exterior of the car, Lumbar, Power reclining seat, Memory seats, Auto-tint rear view mirror, & the wheels were diffrent.
I just recently got a 95 sig. Town Car, since i had the extra money after i got done with the ass bag that ran the stop sign. This signature that i have now has all those options, and those options are standard for all sigs. It also has some extras that are not standard for sigs...(phone, & two 12" subwoofers and a 1500 watt amp that i put in with that extra cash) http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Napalm127-95spinnakerEdition.jpg

Hey man , sorry your tc got all messed up, I have a 95 exec. to. But at least now you have a sig. pretty nice to, i like the red.

Derek a.k.a 95 ltc

mines a 99 and it has just about everything the signature has except audio controls on the wheel(wouldnt do much anyway, i have an aftermarket stereo), heated seats, memory seats(doesnt bother me because i always change it when i get in the car) or dual zone climate control and dual exhausts.. the seats are exactly the same ones in the signature, same feel and everything. it had the premium sound system in it, side airbags, compass, auto tint mirrors, powered drivers and passenger seats. i dont know if its standard or not, but it has a 3 tone interior, kind of a shale colored dash, creme colored underdash, door panels, seats, and headliner, and the carpet matches the exterior of the car. plus it has the wood grain, although it is plastic, it is way more pleasing to look at than the caddy's real wood.

im very happy with it, i really miss my 90 though.

my next lincoln will be brand new!

i have a 95 sig presedential and it has 16 inch wheels that are difffernt from the normal town car wheels i dont no maybe they are off a newer one. what do you guys think?

95tcwhite said:
i have a 95 sig presedential and it has 16 inch wheels that are difffernt from the normal town car wheels i dont no maybe they are off a newer one. what do you guys think?

Hey, I saw your tc on another post, its pretty nice. But I dont think that the wheels are from a newer one. My 95 has the same wheels and I have some old brochures that have our wheels. If you go to www.ebaymotors.com you can see which ones go on the newer ones....later.

derek a.k.a. 95ltc

95ltc said:
Hey, I saw your tc on another post, its pretty nice. But I dont think that the wheels are from a newer one. My 95 has the same wheels and I have some old brochures that have our wheels. If you go to www.ebaymotors.com you can see which ones go on the newer ones....later.

derek a.k.a. 95ltc

hey thanks alot.

I have an 02 Sig and the extras like heated memory seats are wonderful, love my leather and the adjustable pedals and the steering wheel controls. Of course if you really want to know the truth all Lincolns should have all the goodies. Differentiate them with a sound system, type of leather, real wood and wheels.

The available and standard features of the Signature over Executive depend on the model year you are looking at. More and more features were added to the Executive's standard feature list every year.

Signatures are more likely to be ordered with optional equipment, however.

Executive series were a staple of the Limousine Biz

Limousines are most commonly driven by chauffeurs and until the mid-1990s were most often associated with the wealthy.

While some limousines are owned by individuals, many are owned by governments to transport senior politicians, by large companies to transport Executives

Ex Series have less options for the driver (since he's getting paid ?) no heated seats , memory seat , sun roof .
Some of the newer Executive Series Town Cars or as I call the Town Car ES have more things for the back seat as in head phone jacks and radio controls on the center are rest .

All the chrome that I've add to my ES , came on Town Car Signature

I would say the Looks I get from Limo Drivers are the best , Once they see me in my Ford Racing jacket but by then I am passed them

473,xxx miles and it takes WOT everyday

Members online

Back