Difference between Group 65 and group 66 Batteries

MDavis0424

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Battery gave out over the weekend after dealer closed. Only place I could find anything was Napa could order the proper group 66 battery for Monday, but they listed the group 65 as a replacement with modified venting. Only physical difference is the group 65 has vents at each end of the battery where the stock 66 only has one. Highe rated 825 cca vs 750 cca and $30 cheaper. They said don't worry about other vent, just leave it open, I capped it off. Still has the one original vent connected. Does this sound right?

Battery gave out over the weekend after dealer closed. Only place I could find anything was Napa could order the proper group 66 battery for Monday, but they listed the group 65 as a replacement with modified venting. Only physical difference is the group 65 has vents at each end of the battery where the stock 66 only has one. Highe rated 825 cca vs 750 cca and $30 cheaper. They said don't worry about other vent, just leave it open, I capped it off. Still has the one original vent connected. Does this sound right?

Yep. And the Napa guy is an idiot. Where does he think the gases will go that don't exit the connected vent? You did the right thing by plugging the open vent.

Members online

No members online now.
Back