Deville with no brake lights or cruise control

brian_hobbs

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 92 deville with no brake lights. Pulled the brake light switch and it works fine. The bulbs are all good. I tested the four wire plug that goes to the brake pedal switch and there was NO power to any of the wires at any time. The cruise also doesn't work. Everything that goes to the engine compartment is pluged and looks fine. I tested all of the relays and fuse for the brake lights they are all fine. Please give your ideas. The car works great except for this problem and I really need to get it back on the road. I have posted this problem on other cadillac site and got no replies, Hopefully this one is differant. Please let me know what direction to go next. Thanks for your help

how did you check if your brake light switch is good, if the brake lights aren't coming on? I have the same problems and its most likly the switch since i checked yesterday and didn't have cruise control(don't know if thats the brake light switch) and i was planning on changing my switch this weekend. I'm almost sure its the brake light switch.

I took the switch apart and checked the contacts and made sure it was working right. On this model once the switch is released two contact plates are pushed together to complete a connection. I also checked to ensure the connections where good then I tried to jumper both connections in the wireing harness that plugs into the switch with a wire to see if it worked that way and if the jumper had worked then the switch would have most likley been the failure point on this system. but everthing I tried did not ever cause the lights to come on so I know I have a bigger problem. I'm just not sure what it is

Members online

No members online now.
Back