Deville Digital Dash

Pepsi2185

LVC Mafia Henchman
Reaction score
I recently had a problem with a cadillac digital dash. It was the half analog half digital kind. Early nineties, had analog speedo, but digital fuel information center and climate control. His climate control had slipped into metric from standard. He swears up and down it was our work that did it. Anyone know how to switch it back??

Anyone who is in service knows how this goes, ever since you put in my radio, my gas cap does not go on right.

Pepsi2185 said:
I recently had a problem with a cadillac digital dash. It was the half analog half digital kind. Early nineties, had analog speedo, but digital fuel information center and climate control. His climate control had slipped into metric from standard. He swears up and down it was our work that did it. Anyone know how to switch it back??

Anyone who is in service knows how this goes, ever since you put in my radio, my gas cap does not go on right.

On most models it's just a button in the control panel, or an option when you reset the information center. At least that's how it was on my '94, there was an Eng/Met button. On my '97, when you reset the control/info panel an option comes up that says "Reset English/Metric?" and you can just say yes and it will ask for which one.

aah yes, I am gonna have the fellas try that reset. Thanks :)

Big Joe

at the press of a button!

My dash, all digital on my 91 Touring Sedan, has a button on the left upper side of the readout center top display (where mph is stated) that is labeled "E/M" for "english/metric". It is located directly to the right of the driver's side dash vent; it should be in the same spot for your "split" design, which was the standard setup for base model DeVilles.

Pressing this buttom should toggle between the reading's the customer is familiar reading. :steering

I would have to disagree. If you notice, when you press the E/M button on your digital speedometer, there is a slight delay in the fuel/climate display updates. That is because the digital speedometer is grounding a wire to the BCM for the other displays as opposed to the metric portion that is built into the speedometer itself. The wire from the BCM on analog cars runs from the BCM behind the glovebox to a huge connector alongside the steering column. Export models with the analog speedometer had a short ground strap for this wire, US models did not. This wire has shorted to ground somewhere. One quick solution is find the pinout on the BCM and cut the wire that is for the english/metric select. This info applies up to 1993 models. 1994s are different.

Members online

Back