Detailing: Headliner

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
With all the good detailing threads going around. What cab be used to spot clean my headliner and pillar posts inside of the car w/o scrubbing patches into the fabric?

I just use that blue coral crap with the plastic bristle brush on the end of the bottle. works fine for me. I've gotten cigaratte burns out after some scrubbing from jackasses who sweep their cigs against the a pillar trying to flick the ashes out the window

I think I may take the headliner out and just put in some floral drapes hung across the roof.

I have one spot I need to remove on mine too. It just seems that material up there is very delicate. Maybe a type of spray cleaner that loosens the soil and you just vaccuum after it dries. I'm not sure what the material is that the headliner is made from, so I don't know if a carpet cleaner like the one mentioned will hurt the headliner material.

oxi clean? I dont know to tell you the truth, but bing gentle is paramount! Maybe a shout wipe and gently rub it

club soda trick might work..... Shout wipes and I have an undying relationship thanks to the Navy and uniform inspections. I would try those and see what happens. If it doesnt work, wet a soft cloth with clorox 2 and water then wipe again with a soft cloth and just water.

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner (APC), comes in a gallon sized container, color green. Should be able to pick it up at an auto parts store. Cost is around 15 bucks, and it is heavily concentrated to begin with. Dilute 10:1 for a mild solution with water for average spots and contamination, 4:1 for heavier spots. If you are afraid to use a brush on the roof, try using a soft bristled toothbrush or a sponge to aggitate the solution on the stain. Vacuum out with a wet/dry vac.

Also, if anyone has any other questions about detailing related stuff, don't be shy to post them in the detailing thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back