Degas Bottle / Part # or name?

2000LSMichael

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried to look up Degas Bottle, reservoir, coolant bottle, etc. but cannot find the part # or price using one of the online sites where you can look up parts and get the prices.

Anyone know the part # or real name for the Degas Bottle?

I am going to replace mine. Got a new code today P1299 and figure it is time to change the Degas bottle as recommended by several of you in a post last week (BTW I did not check my codes last week after it overheated - some I assume the P1299 was there when it overheated and went into the power safe mode).

Thanks.

I tried to look up Degas Bottle, reservoir, coolant bottle, etc. but cannot find the part # or price using one of the online sites where you can look up parts and get the prices.

Anyone know the part # or real name for the Degas Bottle?

I am going to replace mine. Got a new code today P1299 and figure it is time to change the Degas bottle as recommended by several of you in a post last week (BTW I did not check my codes last week after it overheated - some I assume the P1299 was there when it overheated and went into the power safe mode).

Thanks.
who told you the degas bottle was the fake name for it? hope you wont need a radiator draincock, lol

p/n 8A080

Thanks - can't believe that part # didn't show up when I searched degas on this website - found it on an old June post from Max when he quoted the price on it.

The Ford Parts Direct Online website comes up with nothing when I typed in 5w4z-8A080 or degas. Auto zone called it a coolant recovery tank on their website - this is why I was wondering.

Thanks again...now I can think about doing some work on my LS to prevent future overheating issues.

Thanks - can't believe that part # didn't show up when I searched degas on this website - found it on an old June post from Max when he quoted the price on it.

The Ford Parts Direct Online website comes up with nothing when I typed in 5w4z-8A080 or degas. Auto zone called it a coolant recovery tank on their website - this is why I was wondering.

Thanks again...now I can think about doing some work on my LS to prevent future overheating issues.

good luck, the degas bottles are known to crack after a few years, so if you replace it with a brand new one you should at least eliminate that issue, i put some epoxy around the corners to give it a little more stability, been good so far

Members online

Back