Dealing with my sunroof/A pillar leak for the second time

Farking Bastage

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
how do you make this little bastard stay put? The obvious problem appears to be that the hose shrunk up and I had to really give it hell with pliers to go back on its nipple.

Hose clamp maybe?

http://i.imgur.com/0aEVZ.jpg

linked for table breakage

Add more tubing... Not worth the effort trying to stretch it back.

I am pretty sure it was impossible to do so with mine, added a few inches of tube, tucked it in on one end, and overlapped on the other. Golden.

I just fixed mine, finally after 2 years of dealing with the leak. We had a hose of the same size as the original, so to join them I used the cone-shaped end of a sharpie :shifty: It won't come loose again.

I used thick shrink tubing to "bridge the gap" after just stretching and plugging it back on failed after almost a year, been close to a year now on that side with no problem. so i just fixed the other side the same way a couple of months ago but added a second layer, silicon, and zip ties.

i dont expect this to ever be a problem again!

I used a plastic piece that came with my vacuum pump to bridge the gap...and some black RTV to seal it up good. No probs so far

no, he would rather tease everybody slowly by putting a pic in his sig!

LOL, feel kinda odd posting about the car since it's not right after the LS. I guess since so many people are asking I'll put a thread up.

Sorry for the thread-jack there, ya Farkin' Bastage!

well at heart we are all car guys here and we still know ya so post away

LOL, feel kinda odd posting about the car since it's not right after the LS. I guess since so many people are asking I'll put a thread up.

Sorry for the thread-jack there, ya Farkin' Bastage!

Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit :) That's a nice ride.

Members online

Back