DDM finally shipped my order...

Lincoln Luebbe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ordered on March 7th, shipped on March 25th...

Pair of H11 4500K HID to replace the Xetronic kit in my wife's MKX and chromed turn signal bulbs for the LS.

International shipping so I assume I was part of the straight from overseas group. Although they claimed that would start after my order batch was done being shipped. Oh well, as long as I get them and they work correctly and have connectors on them like the H11s 05LS8 just got I will be happy.

Also I literally spent 37 minutes on hold with DDM wednesday night. I hope that is was just really busy there and they aren't always like that.

That doesn't sound like them at all...when I got my 6k from them I placed the order on a monday & got them by Thursday.

I just checked my kit out and it looks to be really high quality.. and he said something about texting him but Idk the number.. and they have new hours also..

Ordered on March 7th, shipped on March 25th...

Pair of H11 4500K HID to replace the Xetronic kit in my wife's MKX and chromed turn signal bulbs for the LS.

International shipping so I assume I was part of the straight from overseas group. Although they claimed that would start after my order batch was done being shipped. Oh well, as long as I get them and they work correctly and have connectors on them like the H11s 05LS8 just got I will be happy.

Also I literally spent 37 minutes on hold with DDM wednesday night. I hope that is was just really busy there and they aren't always like that.

LL, glad to hear they finally shipped them out.

The kit i installed on the Navigator started giving me problems already. One of the ballast's stopped working. I got underneath the truck and smacked the ballast's a few times and it fired back up. We will see how long they last. I might have to go with LED bulbs down the road, as much as i don't want to.

On the other hand, the kit in the LS has been fucntioning perfectly for a few months now, without issues.

Thanks for the heads up 05,

from what I hear they are really good about getting you replacement pieces. If it keeps giving you problems I wouldn't hesitate trying to contact them.

Fast-
I am just happy they finally are on their way. I will conact them if they arrived with problems.

Looking to replace my HID stock bulbs Is DDM the way to go..?

So far I am happy, other members on here have had success in the past. For the price you can't go wrong.

I'm looking to match the some what of the output of my Angel eyes I know most say 6k d2R if I'm correct. I just want to make sure before purchase.

Do a google. I was thinking about going through them for a set for my new car. I got a lot of mixed opinions most of the bad ones came from a site called hidplanet and were very similar to the original posters story about the run around and bad experiences with bulb life and some color fade problem.

Yeah, I'm subscribed to their Facebook page (DDM) a lot of people have issues with there HID ballast but other than that they were behind on shipping which they have picked up to be back on track.

I got the 8000K DDM Tuning Slim Ballasts some time ago and have no complaints.

Some have had issues with it..How do you like the 8k ?

The reason behind this is because one of my HID bulbs is starting to fade so there is and offset in the color displacement. Haven't changed the bulbs since getting the car. Wondering if I should go 6k or greater. See others experiences, any pics Villa?

It really is a hit or miss thing but to many different problems to make them appealing to me as of yet IMO.

Where some complain of terrible communication and shipping delays after the purchase others have said that was all a-OK and complained about other issues like ballasts and bulbs.

I been reading up in it and if your doing a kit for a non-HID set of lights just go with a cheap kit so long as its reliable. If your doing a ballast swap with a set of REAL HID housing units just keep the OEM ballasts.

No swap necessary just looking at bulbs for my Gen2 stock HID's. Wanted to hear others opinions on bulbs and output on the look of them.

I have 6k bulbs from them in my Gen2 HIDs. Work just fine but maybe a little to blue for my taste. They match my angle eyes and led fogs.

No swap necessary just looking at bulbs for my Gen2 stock HID's. Wanted to hear others opinions on bulbs and output on the look of them.

I see. I didnt know you had the Gen 2 HID headlights already.

I'm using 5k ddm bulbs right now. I didn't want to match the angel eyes completely, plus I love the crisp white look, didn't want the blue look for my headlights

i have had a bunch of hid ballast and other bulbs in the past and so far for price and how long they last i have had really good luck with the Notto SE bulbs and ballast the set is 100$ and just the bulbs are 60$ the ballast power up quick and the bulbs match perfect with no flickering i have 8500k now and they are super crisp and white

Angel12 I responded to your PM.

I am not sure what bulb size you would need to replace your OEM HID bulbs, most people that switch to HID didn't have them from the factory.

Alax7, did you swap OEM for the 5000K? I can't remember...

Angel, if you go 6000K or higher it will be more blue than the bulbs you have now. OEM color is 4300-5000K.

Whether that is good or bad is up to you.

Some have had issues with it..How do you like the 8k ?

Meh.... They are ok. Pretty blue right when I turn them on but after they warm up they get whiter. I would suggest going lower if you want to match, Should stick with 4300K or 6K max.

Wondering if I should go 6k or greater. See others experiences, any pics Villa?

Only an old one. Id take another one but I broke my phone.

View attachment 62146

Yeah I'm going to go with 5k I want a whiter look rather the blue. Alax any way you have pics with the lights with the Halos ?

Lincoln Leubbe-I replaced oem with 5000k bulbs, also in the fogs to match.
\

Here you go angel12

DSC09795.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back