Crystal View Head light Restorer

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just happed to see this stuff at Advanced Auto and they had it on sale for $12 a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it. It is a silver bag that contains some sandpaper (1000 and 2500 grit if I remember correctly), couple pouches of a rubbing/polishing compound, couple pouches of a new clear coat and some little towels and detailed instructions.

I wish I had taked some before pics but my Gen II lenses were a foggy mess again. Took me an hour to complete the restoration, instructions say 15 min- but I spent quite a while extra sanding the lens). I am amazed at the results. I will try and post some pics over the weekend. They look almost new - sure worth the $12 bucks! The reg price was only $19 - still a good deal. Only issue I see is that our headlights have a large surface area and there almost was not enough clear coat solution to cover the lens with two coats.

I have polished my lens before and had good results but they always get foggy again with a few months. With the clear coat they provide it may last a while. They boast a lifetime warranty- but we will see.

I have polished my lens before and had good results but they always get foggy again with a few months. With the clear coat they provide it may last a while. They boast a lifetime warranty- but we will see.

Keep the headlights waxed. That will slow down the yellowing process.

Glad that has worked out for you so far.

If that doesn't work in the long term, Wal-Mart will do it for $40 and they guarantee it for life. No work on your part, and a lifetime warranty from a company we know isn't going out anytime soon.

My one headlight was horrible when I bought the car, and the other looked new. I brought it to them and they said they don't think they can do anything because it was so bad. I told them I'll take the chance, and they tried. It came out perfect!

I advise anyone that has it done though to put painters taper around the body of the headlight so they don't scratch your paint like they did mine. Usually I'd make a big deal about something like that, but I felt it wasn't done as a lazy move, just done as a bonehead move. It's one thing to intentionally take a short cut and screw up someones car in the process, it's another to make a human error. Lesson learned, next time I'll tape it up. Well worth the money regardless!

hey ripped camel you live in hudson? i'm just down 19 in tarpon springs. ive never seen your name on here before, guess i havent been around as much lately!

hey ripped camel you live in hudson? i'm just down 19 in tarpon springs. ive never seen your name on here before, guess i havent been around as much lately!

I know, I called to talk to you about parts the one day but you weren't in. I saw you had stuff on ebay. You should hit the track with me sometime (Sunshine or Bradenton).

i wont be hitting any tracks around here unless you guys need a tow rig!! i dont think a 99 3/4 ton x cab long bed silverado is gonna excite too many people at the track lmao!! but you are welcome to come dig through my double location stash of mark VIII parts anytime !!!!!

i wont be hitting any tracks around here unless you guys need a tow rig!! i dont think a 99 3/4 ton x cab long bed silverado is gonna excite too many people at the track lmao!! but you are welcome to come dig through my double location stash of mark VIII parts anytime !!!!!

Will do! Btw, trucks can be pretty quick. I've seen some 11 second diesels at the track that surprised the crap out of some unsuspecting muscle cars! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.
Back