crazy miss

tda13

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have crazy miss on my #4 cylinder. I replaced the injector and the coil pack and of course the plug, but still the same. Code says it could be the EGR valve or of course the air pump. My question is why would the EGR only make number 4 missfire? Any ideas.

By the way, I was almost certain that it was not the injector as the miss is random... more like an electrical miss. Seems to be more severe when the car is warmed up. Also replaced fuel filter.

Any ideas?

I'd move the injector just for :q:q:q:qs and giggles...

Ya, I thought about that and tried it to no avail. I am pretty sure it is not a fuel system issue. Like I said, it seems to do it more when it's warm, but it is random. Gas mileage is horrible (like 20mpg on the highway).

I did stick a different EGR on it and it seemed to help, but not completly. I've been searching for a vac leak, but can't find one. Kind of hard to hear a leak because the car is a bit loud.

Ummmm.... test the fuel pressure?

Do you have the stock MAF?

Do you have an aftermarket tune?

LMS Maf. Stock tune. I'll check the fule pressure. Probably pull the Maf and clean it. Might stick the stock one back on to see what it does.

T

Members online

Back