Crack kills...

I know, I know, but I don't have that big a buffer :) It's also disassembled on the front end, some of the pieces are missing/broke...the air ride is prob shot, and it has a little over 180k on the clock. Shoulda named this thread crystal meth kills...crack's too expensive for this guy.

well we know it isnt worth crap but if they guy is asking 2000 and you offer 300 obviously he is going to laugh. i'm sure if he was offered a grand he would take it , but i wouldnt pay more than 4 - 500 for it. thats on a good day!!

It just amazes me how some people think their precious terds are worth top dollar...I knew I'd get laughed at with that $300 offer, but I wasn't far off...Jamie if anyone knows the true value of these cars.

When I sold cars I always dealer with someone bitching "But I just spent $2000 on new suspension and $1000 on a new AC! How come you will only give me $500 for my 1989 Le Barron with 168,000 miles on it!?"

My blanket response was "Sir, if you took a nice fresh stack of one hundred dollar bills totaling $10,000 and then flushed it down your toilet would your toilet now be worth $10,000?" :lol: But I'm a prick. :D

When I sold cars I always dealer with someone bitching "But I just spent $2000 on new suspension and $1000 on a new AC! How come you will only give me $500 for my 1989 Le Barron with 168,000 miles on it!?"

My blanket response was "Sir, if you took a nice fresh stack of one hundred dollar bills totaling $10,000 and then flushed it down your toilet would your toilet now be worth $10,000?" :lol: But I'm a prick. :D

But that analogy does not make sense, The dollar bills wouldn't be "stuck" to the toilet bowl it would go into the sewer system. The new parts would be on the car and wouldn't fall off or disappear as they are bolted to the car...

That's also why you don't spend big money on repairs on an old car - you never get that money back, unless you keep driving the car yourself for a few more years.

Fixing to sell doesn't make any sense.

$500 max for that turd.

TyroneBiggums.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back