courtesy lamps

StealthLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok who can tell me how to change the bulbs for the courtesy lamps? Does the whole mirror have to come off?

StealthLS said:
Ok who can tell me how to change the bulbs for the courtesy lamps? Does the whole mirror have to come off?

are you talking about the puddle lights or interior dome?

If it's the puddle lights on the outside mirrors the entire mirror assembly has to be replaced. The only reason I know this is that I tried take one of mine out and found out it there is not a Ford part number for the puddle light.

GrayGhost1 said:
If it's the puddle lights on the outside mirrors the entire mirror assembly has to be replaced. The only reason I know this is that I tried take one of mine out and found out it there is not a Ford part number for the puddle light.

Oh lord! I swear this car and its lights are an impossibility. What the hell were they thinking? Oh yeah about old people that bring their cars in for the work.

GrayGhost1 said:

I remember a thread somewhere that spoke to this issue. IIRC it was about replacing the stock puddle light bulbs with a brighter bulb. So there must be a way to change the bulbs. IIRC the only hitch was something about carefully removing the lenses as they break easily.

GWL said:
I remember a thread somewhere that spoke to this issue. IIRC it was about replacing the stock puddle light bulbs with a brighter bulb. So there must be a way to change the bulbs. IIRC the only hitch was something about carefully removing the lenses as they break easily.
George,

I tried to do that and posted something about it on LLSOC before I was kicked out. I was going to replace the bulb with a brighter bulb but I couldn't get into the puddle light housing. Do a search on LLSOC and you'll see my thread on there about it.

Just curious Ken, but why were you kicked out of LLSOC if you don't mind me asking. I used to be a member.

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

I tried to do that and posted something about it on LLSOC before I was kicked out. I was going to replace the bulb with a brighter bulb but I couldn't get into the puddle light housing. Do a search on LLSOC and you'll see my thread on there about it.

I used to be a member there as well. I'll let the fact that am no longer a member stand for why I am not a member now.

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

Thanks Ken I found the thread. My membership goes to Sept sometime. I wonder if we could find the bulb from Ford's supplier? Do you remember the markings on the housing?

GWL said:
Thanks Ken I found the thread. My membership goes to Sept sometime. I wonder if we could find the bulb from Ford's supplier? Do you remember the markings on the housing?
I believe I posted a picture of the housing on there. I sent it to Torrie at FPN to find out anything but he couldn't locate any part for it. Basically, he said that an entire mirror assembly would have to be purchased. I was successful in getting the housing out but I couldn't get to the bulb. The bulb is sealed up inside the housing and I didn't want to take the chance in tearing it apart and really screwing it up.

GrayGhost1 said:
I believe I posted a picture of the housing on there. I sent it to Torrie at FPN to find out anything but he couldn't locate any part for it. Basically, he said that an entire mirror assembly would have to be purchased. I was successful in getting the housing out but I couldn't get to the bulb. The bulb is sealed up inside the housing and I didn't want to take the chance in tearing it apart and really screwing it up.

so ford bought the willi wonka brand bulbs the one made right next to the ever lasting gobbstopper huh. Brilliant!

Members online

Back