Couldn't of happened at a worse time

Blkdvll

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm several hundred miles out of town and the car decided to bag itself and not rise. Compressor will kick on but will not lift at all. Now I get to limp the car home and hope I don't rip anything off.

I was just going to replace the front bags, but now I've had it with this air ride and will just do a coil conversion.

Rawr. Sorry for the rant

Get new bags and a Spider Valve and you will never be stuck again. Hope you turned your suspension to off so you don't fry your compressor.

if the system works and the compressor is just to weak to lift the car.

you can disconnect the dryer from the compressor and put an air chuck firmly againt the dryer inlet while someone else turns the key on.

then the solenoids should open and allow air into the system.

the fact the pump is turning on, should let the rest of the system work
pump it up, turn the air ride switch off, it might get you home if your bags dont leak "too bad"

same principle as havivg a spider valve, just alot more work

steven all bs smack talk aside, check your pm box, and calll me if i can help "talk you thru the above process"

I'm several hundred miles out of town and the car decided to bag itself and not rise. Compressor will kick on but will not lift at all. Now I get to limp the car home and hope I don't rip anything off.

I was just going to replace the front bags, but now I've had it with this air ride and will just do a coil conversion.

Rawr. Sorry for the rant

This is the VERY reason why I will never be able to trust my car unless I have plenty of money to replace the entire suspension with new bags, new hoses, new compressor, new solenoids, new everything! These car suspensions were very dependable when they were new but we have to accept that unless we have the cash to replace all the worn parts we are dealing with a 12-17 year old suspension. In my case, I have the oldest being a 93. My car slams every couple days & I can't afford fixing it now.

A long trip in my car is NOT AN OPTION.

if the system works and the compressor is just to weak to lift the car.

you can disconnect the dryer from the compressor and put an air chuck firmly againt the dryer inlet while someone else turns the key on.

then the solenoids should open and allow air into the system.

the fact the pump is turning on, should let the rest of the system work
pump it up, turn the air ride switch off, it might get you home if your bags dont leak "too bad"

same principle as havivg a spider valve, just alot more work

steven all bs smack talk aside, check your pm box, and calll me if i can help "talk you thru the above process"

Thank you very much. It's really appreciated after all the flaming. Guys could have at least given me fair warning to get my flame suit on :p

I know you can shorta access the pump via fender well, but will I be able to disconnect the dryer with the car slammed and just turning the wheel to lock?

Also, being slammed does have one perk. I'm getting amazing gas mileage :D 30mpg at 67 and 27mpg at 87 :D

since youve deleted your silencer, the easier if you pull your airbox out and go thru that big hole under it...the dryer is right under that hole

These car suspensions were very dependable when they were new....
A long trip in my car is NOT AN OPTION.

he posted in january looking for a "temp" fix.

as I've said many times before, procrastination WILL bite you in the azz.

he didnt get an unexpected sudden failure...he had warning.

Thank you very much. It's really appreciated after all the flaming. Guys could have at least given me fair warning to get my flame suit on :p

you'll notice the trolls/flamers are usually "the first" to jump to help people out.

giving people a hard time is how we pass the long boring periods betwwen people actually needing help.

"needing help" is greatly different than being "spoonfed" info a simple seach often finds.

there IS a difference..

glad you stuck around long enough to stop smoldering and find out we're not ALL THAT BAD

lol

he posted in january looking for a "temp" fix.

as I've said many times before, procrastination WILL bite you in the azz.

he didnt get an unexpected sudden failure...he had warning.

Oh, I knew it was going to fail....eventually. Was just hoping I could get my new bags prior to failure. Had to take the Mark as the Jeep had a front U joint fail on the front drive shaft. Jeep is getting fixed on Tuesday, but the Mark will probably have to wait till the middle of next month. On a quick side note; do our rear suspensions have shocks along with the rear bag?

Hi!

Maybe one of the front bags exploded in your Mark as it did in mine yesterday. I parked my Mark and heard the compressor running after I turned off the engine. Pass side front was going very high so I opened the trunk and run to turn the system off. The bag was over inflated and I noticed that the height sensor jumped off the upper control arm. When I was about to reach to put it back in it's place, I heard a big POOW! and was lucky to take my arm from under the fender.

Now with the system on, the compressor is running, but front is not rising, than it times out and displays Check Air Suspension message. I drove my Mark slammed for about 4 miles and it was a hell to drive!

You can replace everything and the system still isn't dependable.
I've replaced multiple compressor, all the bags, repaired air lines, relays, spider valves- and I still have no confidence. In fact, at the moment, the compressor isn't working so I had to use the spidervalve extreme to air the system up.

The Air Ride is very cool.... but I regret having made the continued investments in keeping it. I wish I'd just spent $350 when I bought the car and installed springs.

i have the lowered springs on my mark, they no longer make those, i want the taller ones, if you get the taller ones, ill trade ya

The only reason I havent converted my new Mark to coils is because all the air bags are new and OEM. The system still spooks me though and I want a new compressor just to have it on hand.
Besides, in town the coils ride better.

You can replace everything and the system still isn't dependable.

i got 200k out of the first set and over 200k out of the second set
the air bladders were still holding air LOOOONG after the stuts themselves were trashed...

IMO that literally defines dependable

20 years ago suspension parts rarely made it to 100K and cars themselves rarely made it to 200K

having a 400K car is ALMOST unheard of 20 years ago..

procrastination and denial is the air rides worst enemy.

if you fix it at FIRST sign of trouble it will last along time.
if you put off repairs it will cost you more, and remove any and all confidence you might have in the system

The Air Ride is very cool.... but I regret having made the continued investments in keeping it. I wish I'd just spent $350 when I bought the car and installed springs.

i just went thru 20 pages of your old threads, if you spent more time taking care of your car rather than postwhoring the useless political board you might no have so many problems, nor would you have to ask "how to get the plug wires off". dur

the last air ride thread you made was in fugging 2006.
4 years since then you've posted exactly DICK about air ride problems

i think you are more DEAD SET on disagreeimg with ME than you are posting factual truthful data. if that didnt make sense? yea...im calling you a politically motivated LIAR!

Get back to posting meaningless drivel in the politics board and leave the tech to the truthful people

Members online

No members online now.
Back