coolant temp guage not working 88 mark vii

cinz4064

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was hoping someone had a wire diagram to explain how the coolant temp sensor was wired. My coolant temp guage is not working. I tried changing the sensor and noticed that when is was unpluged it made the car run rough and when i pluged it back in it ran fine so i think the comp can see it. I have an 88 mark vii i am also having a prob with the guage's cutting out when i turn the lights on but i found a post telling me how to fix it. by regrounging the orange wire by the kick panel will doing that also fix the coolant temp guage? Can anyone tell me which wires are for the guage? Any help is apreciated thanks chris

i had the same problem im trying to fix it i had the same problem with the lightd as well i re grounded the dash and it all worked fine but the coolant gauge still does not work im just going to instal an aftermarket one.

thanks for the input

thanks for the replies i may have to install an aftermarket one as well but i havn't given up yet just been working alot. gonna try contacting your friend i hope he has some specs

im planning on making my own custom gauge cluster over the summer i know how you feel with not having a lot of time

id be glad to id love to see more people do it because i know of no one that does it or even makes aftermarket ones ill post some pictures up in before and after.

there is a difference between a coolant temp sensor and a coolant temp sending unit which is all that was needed its located on the front right of the lower intake manifold just thought it might help someone else

Members online

Back