Coolant Loss Volume

regiment1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got my oil changed yesterday, and the tech said he had to fill the coolant. He thought he added "two or three quarts."

(I have replacement plastic cooling parts in the garage and also have a degas / cap / outlet on the way, so that rebuild we be getting done very soon.)

Question for you guys: If I was really down that much coolant, wouldn't I have had some overheating?

Thanks!

That would almost be enough to fill the reservoir, so yes. Might want to see just how high he filled it!

That would almost be enough to fill the reservoir, so yes. Might want to see just how high he filled it!

It's right on the "full" line with the engine cold. Glad you mentioned that, though.

Be sure they didn't add anything they weren't supposed to add to the Hydraulic Fan fluid reservoir.
Read horror stories of water or coolant being added to this.

Be sure they didn't add anything they weren't supposed to add to the Hydraulic Fan fluid reservoir.

+1

although i dont think it would hold that much.... but check it anyways

Idiots at the quick lube I go to almost did that. I saw the guy with the coolant jug walk by then go to unscrew the cap and I was like wooooooah don't touch that.

Now that its lowered and can't go through the quick lube and requires a rack I just tell them touch nothing but the oil. I will handle the rest.

Members online

No members online now.
Back