Continental Performace Mods...

formerknown

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What mods have you done on your 95-02 Conti? What parts are interchangeable parts from other DOHC 4.6L's?

I just bought my Conti this weekend, and after I pay some bills, I'm planning some mods to make for some extra horses and torque. I'd like to know other Conti oweners' results and how much you spent.

Thanks! :Beer

Continential Performance Mods

Why do you feel the need for extra horses and torque on your 2002 Cont??
Mine has plenty of power. :L

Just buy some exhaust parts. Mufflers, y-pipe or xpipe, and some tips. Go to a custom exhaust shop and get it done. Go get some gears and a torque converter and you will be on your way to being alot faster! K&N Filter, remove the restrictor. there is alwayz one. Cut it out, un bolt it. How ever it is hooked up!

Superchips' chip is suppose to actually work on the car. The K & N filter and removed air silencer don't help noticeably. Redoing the exhaust probably would to a degree, but you want something with some restriction for torque. There isn't a lot of parts you can use on the engine, but cross referencing Cobra parts will help. A big throttle body or a 3" dual exhaust won't do you any good. I'd add a big transmission cooler and change the oil to Mobil 1 with a Mobil 1 filter before doing anything else. The cooler is definitely a good idea. Ford detuned the engine at first because of reliability concerns.

i still trying to remember what site i seen it on, but anyway this guy had a chip installed on his conti, said it improved quite a bit.

Superchips is a very mild chip hardly worth the cost. Try superchips custom tuner Jerry the main tuner used to work for raush pr however its spelled. They do very good work, also dennis reinhart is good as well.

Members online

Back