Computer towers anyone?

It sounds like you have software issues, not hardware. Get a fresh installation done on it and you should be good to go.

Anybody have an extra computer tower they are willing to sell or give away? Mine got a damn virus on it and it sucks ass. :(

What Josh said is the best way. If you have the oe recovery disc's then print or write down you passwords and web sites then just do a 'complete' restore from the factory disc and youll be fine. When i upgrade from one to the other that is how i wipe the old one to sell. it takes between an hour and 2 to complete.
max

It's one of the most annoying viruses I have dealt with. It's called security sphere 2012, and it will not let you run task manager, or anything to try and end it. I am currently in safe mode, and have spyware blaster running to prevent it from operating. I have deleted the associated files and virus with malware bites, but it keeps coming back. I'm sure it's in my registry files, so I have to find which ones and delete them. :shifty:

when i have virus problems that extensive, i pull the hard drive out, put it in another computer, and do a full format. wipe it clean and start over.
when it gets that bad you'll spend forever digging out all the little pieces and it still won't ever be the same.

You didn't mention if you had turned off the system restore feature before using cleansing software. Make sure that you turn it off so that when you re-boot, it doesn't re-infect your machine. Once you are sure that you have eliminated the threat, you can turn it on again. Viruses typically reside in the system restore files.
This may help if you haven't already seen it: Instructions for removing sphere 2012
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-sphere-2012
Good luck!

Members online

Back