Color options

97MarkJA

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Today while I was doing some prep work on the car for paint my wife walks into the garage and says "what color are you going to paint it?" I said "the same" the look on her face said it all but she blurted out "I figured with all the work you would change it"
Now that being said I happen to like the pewter and you don't see a lot of them as it was a 97 only color.
Later we were at the store and a guy in town here has a 96 mystic chrome cobra sitting at the back of the parking lot. My wife spotted it and said "you should paint it that color"
She has no idea what goes into a color change or what it takes to paint multi stage paint, like I said before; I like the pewter but could easily do a color change at this point.
If you were to do a color change on your mark what would it be? I don't want black and after seeing the blue on the one blue_t did I can't say I liked it all that much.

That's what I was thinking, mystichome is about 500 a quart. I should say DuPont purpleen or PPG harlequin green to purlple.
After looking at these picks I don't know that I like it so much.
Not a big fan of that taurus wing, not bad for a stick on but ick for me.

exoticLSC2_jpg.jpg

exoticLSC1_jpg.jpg

If that's what the gray was called for that year, I'd say stay with that, that is absolutely what I'd paint mine if and when I can

You cant go wrong wit the pewter for sure but if your going to change it i would go with a color that doesnt come on a mark or a color thats hasnt been done on one yet

peweter= old man gold. there may not be many marks that color but theres a billion other vehicles that color. but do a color you like. i like my stuff to be 1 of a kind and stand out.

how about pearl white or jet black? i think with those headlights, black or white would look sick in plain english

I've personally driven in that chameleon mark many times. Those pics are not a fair representation at all of how totally awesome that paint job is! Pics of chameleon paint are like a single frame of a movie tough to judge until you see the whole thing. Although I'm a huge fan of lazers gen 2 as I used to own a gen 1 the same color and loved it!

Black wheels and chrome wheels can go on that color and look good. I would love for mine to be that color. It's also not tri-coat either. Just metallic so the paint wouldn't be outrageous.

I looked at a midnight grey locally, I love the way lasers looked in the pictures but when I looked at one in person.. meh.. underwhelming; it was poorly cared for and no where near the quality of bills.
I have two quarts the the pewter base and a gallon of clear as well as most of the supplies. The pewter comes in three variants, more of a blue base, a greener version and one they call dirty.
What I have is dirty, more charcoal with red and gold flake in that version.
I stopped buy the paint supply store today and talked to my guy there, he said he can change what I have to the midnight no problem or to anything darker I wanted and I would end up with more obviously which I would need doing a complete color change.
He made a couple of suggestions and gave me.a web site of a supplier that sells mainly additives and said I should try a couple things with the spare hood I have over the factory color. I ordered up a couple things to try out.
http://www.paintwithpearl.com/
And no.. I'm not going to make the car glow in the dark or change color with heat, you'll see what I'm talking about on the web site.

peweter= old man gold. there may not be many marks that color but theres a billion other vehicles that color. but do a color you like. i like my stuff to be 1 of a kind and stand out.

Old man gold.. I'll have to remember that one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back