Cold/N. O. R. M. A. L.\Hot

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Where is your needle when warmed up? Mine was right in the middle of O. and R.. But now after these modifications. It has been working its way up to the middle of M.. But this last time I drove it. It was in the middle of R.. And I was driving it harder doing tail whips around corners and all! Its fun! Its very fun!

I picked up an additive for the coolant system. Which says it can lower temps. I also got some new 20-50 High Performance SBlend QS! With a new K&N oil filter. I am running a electric fan and it was 90 degreez + outside. In which this car hasn't been driven in this heat since I first bought her. Also, im worried about taking her to Phx for our honey moon. Which temps is around 100 degreez!

Answer the main question. Then please give me any advise!

Sifrino3 said:
Where is your needle when warmed up? Mine was right in the middle of O. and R.. But now after these modifications. It has been working its way up to the middle of M.. But this last time I drove it. It was in the middle of R.. And I was driving it harder doing tail whips around corners and all! Its fun! Its very fun!

I picked up an additive for the coolant system. Which says it can lower temps. I also got some new 20-50 High Performance SBlend QS! With a new K&N oil filter. I am running a electric fan and it was 90 degreez + outside. In which this car hasn't been driven in this heat since I first bought her. Also, im worried about taking her to Phx for our honey moon. Which temps is around 100 degreez!

Answer the main question. Then please give me any advise!

On the old car the temperature was very random but on the Eldo it's generally exactly in the middle.

The 91 LSC runs between R and M mostly. Hot weather and high speeds will get it to A for sure. I haven't checked it vs. a temp gun yet.

Ohh no! HELP!

I took the drain plug out. And its not all there! It look like it has no threads and it less then a 1/4 inch high off the nut! Is it safe that the other half is still in there? It drains regular.

Some drain :q:q:q:qs have the threads deep inside. Is yours brass or plastic?

Problem is good. I got another plug and got it in there for now. I going to bring it in and get my chrome one put on and a new gasket. Becoz mine has been getting more leaks from the s blend oil that I use. . . Then there should be no more leaks!

I wouldn't trust stock gauges as far as I could throw 'em.

With the stock temp gauge and the who knows how old thermostat (new radiator, water pump with under drives) the gauge read right on the "N". After installing an Autometer temp gauge and new 190 thermostat, the Autometer reads - and stays - on 210.

I put an additive in my coolant and it seemed to help. Bcoz it has only got to M one time. For a few moments. Ill have to list the brand up!

Members online

No members online now.
Back