Cold Air Intake question

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 V8 ls. I looked up on the k&n website and I found the intake for the thunderbird. I read somewhere that it was compatible with the ls. What year thunderbird would be compatible with my ls, 04 as well?

2003 to 2005 T-Bird.... the 3 model years with the gen II engine.

K&N-CAIWeb.jpg

ok.cool.thanks.yeah it was yours that I saw and it said K&N

He is calling up years of the T-bird not the LS It will work on the Lincoln LS 2003 to 2006.

I have the KN with the plastic piping instead of metal. It has a heat shield. Extremely happy with it.

Here is a photo of the K&N FIPK 57 and with included heat shield and plastic pipe that fits the T-Bird and Lincoln LS gen II that is CARB certified.

Motor#1.jpg

which style did you chosse or which one fits the ls, the short ram, cold air, or a complete cold air design? it had these three available and i dint want to pick the wrong one

The K&N part numbers for the CAI are:

For the Black Plastic FIPK #57-2562
For the Polished Aluminum Typhoon #69-3520TP

100_5964-2.jpg

I just made my own... cost me 120 to make it.. had to buy a MAF housing from ebay a 6 dollar Home depot Plumbers tube 90 degree and a 3.5 inch PCV pipe... oh and a k&n cone Filter

how is your intake working?

mine? the filter is in the bumper... works alot better then when i had just the filter bolted to the MAF housing... and i went from lossing to my buddy in his RSX type S acura by a car to beating him by about 2 cars

how far down is the filter? Is it down by opening infront of the car by the lower lights? I dont know what that is called

Members online

Back