Coil Warranty

Juufro413

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I find out if my LS is covered? My coils are just going to :q:q:q:q and I really don't want to pay to get them fixed.

Background:
2003 Lincoln LS sport
87000 miles

but the dealer will have to determine they're bad first, you have a CEL yet?

Is the CEL the code that it throws when they are bad? If it is I have no check engine light, but you can tell its the coils cause its runs and sounds like :q:q:q:q and it shakes really bad and it hesitates when it accelerates.

It will throw a code if they are bad, but not always... CMIIR but the dealer can/will do a stress test to determine if they think they're bad

Alright so I think my plan is to go to the dealership tomorrow and take a PDF. File that I found with me that explains the whole warranty. The file is from 2008 though... so I'm not sure if they'll accept it but I called them and they said they could run my VIN to see if I'm included in the warranty or not. Any other advice when it comes to dealership honing?

I took mine in about a month ago on that recall. There was no issue with them honoring it, they knew all about it. Turned out that mine had the coils replaced shortly before I bought the car. But, for some reason, they didn't change the plugs when they did the coils. The dealer told me they are about shot. Got a set, have to wait until I heal up enough to change them.

I took mine in about a month ago on that recall. There was no issue with them honoring it, they knew all about it. Turned out that mine had the coils replaced shortly before I bought the car. But, for some reason, they didn't change the plugs when they did the coils. The dealer told me they are about shot. Got a set, have to wait until I heal up enough to change them.

How did you approach them? Did you bring anything with you? Or did they just run you VIN and it came up that you had a recall?
I have a feeling that my dealership is gonna try and :q:q:q:q me just cause I've knownpeople who've been screwed over by them.

I am 99,700 miles, ive been thinking of taking it in for peace of mind. I have no engine light, but i've felt "odd" things when im driving. I dont know what a misfire feels like tho. Very few times ive felt the car vibrate or shake but even so, it's been pretty mild. I def. dont wanna to take it in and pay for them to tell me everything is ok.

Maybe when i have spare money i should just replace the coils for that peace of mind.

I just dropped in and mentioned it to them, and they jumped on it. I just asked them to check them as there was supposed to be a recall. I'd printed the TSB that JoeGR posted to me in another thread but forgot to take it along.

I just dropped in and mentioned it to them, and they jumped on it. I just asked them to check them as there was supposed to be a recall. I'd printed the TSB that JoeGR posted to me in another thread but forgot to take it along.

It is a Technical Service Bulletin NOT a recall.

Not sure how most dealerships are about this but the first 2 I called didn't even want to talk about it when I mentioned the TSB. First dealership was where my car was sold from. 3rd dealership knew all about the TSB and wanted me to bring the car in that day and they got started on it that evening. didn't have to show them the TSB I printed or anything. Ended up with VCGs, 6 plugs, 2 coils, almost $800 in parts and labor. I paid extra for the other 2 plugs. I also picked up a little more MPG in the process with the new plugs.

How did you approach them? Did you bring anything with you? Or did they just run you VIN and it came up that you had a recall?
I have a feeling that my dealership is gonna try and :q:q:q:q me just cause I've knownpeople who've been screwed over by them.

why would you take the car to a dealer that you know screws people over???

It is a Technical Service Bulletin NOT a recall.

Actually, it's neither. It's a "Customer Satisfaction Program" that extends the warranty on the COPs for specific problems.

Members online

No members online now.
Back