Coil Vs Airbags

lilwheezy75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how do the coil conversions compare to the airbags.. how is the ride with the coils.. is it noticabley different and how... Im thinking of converting my airbags because i dont want to go through the hassle when one blows or something... PLease give me advice!?!?!

lilwheezy75 said:
I was wondering how do the coil conversions compare to the airbags.. how is the ride with the coils.. is it noticabley different and how... Im thinking of converting my airbags because i dont want to go through the hassle when one blows or something... PLease give me advice!?!?!
from what i have heard
it,s not noticsbly difrent unless you real hit bumbs alot
and one thing you might think about is not going with a passiv kit but just getting a front coil over kit and reusing you electronic stuts
or getting new electronic stuts some ppl say that they redid the continental in 97 with out bag in the fron becouse it handles better i say to a point they where right
but if you swich the system you have all the codes that will pop up on the dash from some things i have heard there are the sterring control in 95 and newer and if you change that you have to trick the system and sometimes that not easy to do
so i think you should just keep the bags
a lincoln is a cruising car and i bought mind for the suspension :)
i jsut bought a remaned Bag from Bagmasters for my front
you can get aftermarket new ones from stutmasters for 190
but i wanted to go with
remaned just to keep all ford parts :)
i got my bag for 275 and im getting 15 back for each one on a cor charg
and they saport 850 pound instead of the 650 that the factory rubber saported with the new blader :)

yEA the more i think about it.. the more i want to keep my airbags.. its such a smooth ride , the only thing i dont like is its a little bouncy... like people driving around me notice a little bounce and you can feel it slightly.. but i dont know if thats bad or not

Members online

Back