Code p0352 won't go away!!!

johnyboi

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help on my 02 lincoln ls 3.9

I did chnge valve cover gasket, coil ignition, spark plug, fuel injector (where d ignition 2 place at) and still have the code p0352...

Please i need some advice

Dude, don't be a forum dick.
No one's replied because you've already done the obvious stuff. At this point, I'd recommend throwing money at a mechanic, and/or buying the service manuals and running through the diag trees. Could be bad wiring harness.
Just to check the obvious, you know #2 is the second from the front on the passenger side, right?

dude, don't be a forum dick.
No one's replied because you've already done the obvious stuff. At this point, i'd recommend throwing money at a mechanic, and/or buying the service manuals and running through the diag trees. Could be bad wiring harness.
Just to check the obvious, you know #2 is the second from the front on the passenger side, right?

dude! Y u hating??? Do you even know how to read????

dude, don't be a forum dick.
No one's replied because you've already done the obvious stuff. At this point, i'd recommend throwing money at a mechanic, and/or buying the service manuals and running through the diag trees. Could be bad wiring harness.
dude! Y u hatin???

Do u even know how to read????

I can't understand most of your post, but you probably need all 8 coils replaced.

Before I have a code p0352 (coil b) so i change the coil b, valve cover gasket and changed the fuel ignition and still have the same code (p0352). Do i have to changed the whole coil or there is a deffect on a coil connector?

I try pulling out the coil connector one at a time (while engine is running) from coil 1-8, coil 1-8 (except coil 2) engine will stutter when i pulled out the connector except for coil #2!

What could be the problem??

ummmm....??? really? like i said in another thread that you randomly posted in, and like ls4me said, change out all 8 coils

it guesses at which coil is misfiring, so it could be any of them, plus when you changed everything, its wise that you change all the coils also

unless you take it to a dealer to find out which coil it actually is

The PCM can only tell you about what it sees. It doesn't replace a mechanic or diagnostic testing. The misfire detection is especially iffy. Think about what it has to do to try to detect that. Ain't easy. In this case, I'd expect a wire is broken, so the PCM isn't getting any feedback from the coil.

What do you mean "do I have to changed the whole coil"? You said you replaced it, right? There's a coil, boot and spring. Comes as a unit.

It did indicate which coil it thinks is a problem.

If that's a brand new coil, and it's a reputable one, and the engine is idling rough, AND it doesn't change when you pull that connector, then it sure sounds like it's not even getting the signal to fire.
One simple test - be really careful here - is to pull the plug and coil. Ground the plug (hold it against the block) and have someone start the car. If you never get a spark on it, then that coil isn't firing at all. Try swapping coils. If you isolate it to #2, then that's a pretty good sign that the coil signal wires are a problem. Start tracing the wires. Maybe tie in some jumpers to see if there's a break somewhere.

Good sugjestion.... But how come there is no reaction on engine when i took out the coil connector on coil #2??
I did that on all coil and engine react when i took out the coil connector one at a time..:

To odd ball:
Its the other way around, when i pulled the coil 1 to 8 the engine start idle rough (except for coil 2) so it means when i pulled out the connector on coil #2 the engine doesn react anything at all! The engine start like normal

p0352 is not a misfire code!
The PCM does not guess at this one, it knows.
There is a fault with the coil, the primary wiring to the coil, or the PCM.

You've verified that it's not the coil. Look really good at the connector to the coil. If all is well there, then trace the wiring all the way back to the PCM. Look really closely anywhere that the wiring could get cut, pinched, shorted, or broken, like where it goes through where the coil cover meets the valve cover.
Trace it all the way back to the PCM connector. Use an ohm meter to verify continuity and to verify that there is no short to ground.
If the wiring is perfect, then it's the PCM. It very rare, but sometimes a failing coil (if left in long enough) can kill the FET driver in the PCM for that coil.

I saw the visitor message you posted on my profile. I would just take joegr's advice here. He knows his isht.

btw, you do know what "boi" means right?

1. boi
in the lesbian community, a young transgendered/androgynous/masculine person who is biologically female and presents themselves in a young, boyish way; a boidyke; often also identifies as genderqueer. 2. in the gay community, a young gay man; 3. in the BDSM community, someone who presents themselves in a young, boyish way and is usually a bottom/submissive; 4. an alternate spelling of boy often used by young teenage boys.

1. J doesn't feel like s/he fits the mold of any one gender. S/he presents hirself in a young, boyish manner, and hir appearance in quite androgynous/masculine. S/he's a boi.

p0352 is not a misfire code!
The PCM does not guess at this one, it knows.
There is a fault with the coil, the primary wiring to the coil, or the PCM.

You've verified that it's not the coil. Look really good at the connector to the coil. If all is well there, then trace the wiring all the way back to the PCM. Look really closely anywhere that the wiring could get cut, pinched, shorted, or broken, like where it goes through where the coil cover meets the valve cover.
Trace it all the way back to the PCM connector. Use an ohm meter to verify continuity and to verify that there is no short to ground.
If the wiring is perfect, then it's the PCM. It very rare, but sometimes a failing coil (if left in long enough) can kill the FET driver in the PCM for that coil.

i agree with most of this.
the coil has constant power, so unplug it turn the key on (dont start just on) and get a test light and see if theres power on one of the wires. if yes get a cheap "noid light set" unplug the coil and find one that fits the plug start the car and see if the light flashes.if not break out the ohm meter and start tracing wires (work smart not hard) like posted above.
and i dont get the list of crap you did, vc gasket coil and some other random things. does anybody know the actual code definition

The gist of the troubleshooting tree is a non-firing coil.

Not LS specific, you you should get the point.

DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) - P0352 IGNITION SIGNAL COIL B FAULT

What is the Circuit like?

* A ground for the electronic spark timing 3 circuit is enabled by the engine control module (ECM).
* The magnetic field created by the coil collapses when the ECM removes the ground path of the ignition primary coil.
* This dying magnetic field generates a voltage in the secondary coil which shoots the spark plug.
* A close monitoring is done to the circuit between the ECM and the electronic ignition system for an open circuit, short to voltage, and low voltage.
* DTC PO352 is introduced the moment the ECM sniffs a problem in the spark timing 3 circuit.
* What leads to the setting of DTC?

· This DTC can be stored in "key-on" status.

· Time of fault fall occurrence is > time of the DIS fall occurrence.

· Must receive more than 40 failures within 80 test cycles.

What happens when DTC sets?

When will DTC clear?

1) The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will illuminate

1) The MIL will turn off after four consecutive ignition cycles in which the diagnostic runs without a fault.

2) The ECM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails which will be stored in the Freeze Frame and failure records will buffer.

2) A history DTC will clear after 40 repetitive warm up cycles without a fault.

3) A history DTC is stored.

3) Using the scan tool can clear DTC(s).

4) The ECM will default to 6 degree timing.

4) Disconnecting the ECM battery feed for 10 seconds

Diagnostic Tools

Check and correct any unusual engine noise before implementing the diagnostic table.

Any circuitry that is suspected to initiate engine noise complaint should be thoroughly checked for the following conditions:

· Backed-out terminals.

· Improper mating.

· Broken locks.

· Improperly formed.

· Damaged terminals.

· Poor terminal-to-wire connections.

· Physical damage to the wiring harness.

DTC P0352 - Ignition Signal Coil B Fault

Step

Action

Task Done? (Yes)

Task Done? (No)

Perform EOBD System Check.

Go to Step 2

Go to "On-Board Diagnostic System Check"

Look for an erroneous connection or a damaged terminal 3 at the ignition coil.

Go to Step 8

Go to Step 3

1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
2. Disconnect the ECM.
3. Check the ignition control circuit for a short to ground

Go to Step 8

Go to Step 5

Inspect the ignition control circuit for a short to battery voltage.

Go to Step 8

Go to Step 6

See whether there is any open in the ignition control.

Go to Step 8

Go to Step 7

Replace the ECM.

Go to Step 8

-

1. Clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).
2. Start the engine and Idle at normal operating temperature.
3. Run the vehicle within the conditions for setting this DTC as specified in the supporting text.

Does the scan tool indicate that this diagnostic has been run and passed the test?

Go to Step 9

-

Check if any additional DTCs are set.

Are any DTCs visible that have not been diagnosed?

Go to Applicable DTC table

The System of your vehicle is OK

i agree with most of this.
the coil has constant power, so unplug it turn the key on (dont start just on) and get a test light and see if theres power on one of the wires. if yes get a cheap "noid light set" unplug the coil and find one that fits the plug start the car and see if the light flashes.if not break out the ohm meter and start tracing wires (work smart not hard) like posted above.
and i dont get the list of crap you did, vc gasket coil and some other random things. does anybody know the actual code definition

The positive power to all eight coils is one common wire from fuse F1.12. Since the other seven coils are firing, that circuit is okay.

For coil 2, the positive wire is green with blue stripe.
The switched (negative) wire is brown with red stripe. It goes from the connector at coil 2 (C112) to pin 59 of PCM connector C175.

Members online

Back