Cobra steering wheel swap????

Mustang wheels don't have splines. They have flats.

I put an FR500 steering wheel (direct fit on all 99-04 Mustangs) in mine, and had to file a flat or two on my steering shaft.

My grey one isn't looking top notch these days. Been wanting to install the whole black column and wheel I have in the attic but just haven't gotten around to it. Really don't wanna mess with the key cylinder and I don't have the original key for the black one, I don't think.

My grey one isn't looking top notch these days. Been wanting to install the whole black column and wheel I have in the attic but just haven't gotten around to it. Really don't wanna mess with the key cylinder and I don't have the original key for the black one, I don't think.

Terry. the ignition lock cylinders on the first gens are super easy to remove. Turn switch to the run position and put a t-10 torx screwdriver or something similar in the small hole on bottom of the shroud. Push up and pull lock cylinder out.

the ignition lock cylinders on the first gens are super easy to remove. Turn switch to the run position and put a t-10 torx screwdriver or something similar in the small hole on bottom of the shroud. Push up and pull lock cylinder out.
----
it's detailed in this Linc on Line page....scroll down about 3/4 to the MF sw mod section
http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00096.html

Members online

Back