Cobra R's Availability Again

redmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have needed one chrome 17x9 Cobra R with no luck, but now SuperCoupe Performance is having some made to fit our cars with 36mm offset. Other sizes and widths also available, contact them if interested.Don't remember their web address, I called them on the phone, that's more my speed. I think I paid 205.00 for one wheel.Enjoy I think they look great on our cars

cobra r's are too played out. They looked good 10 years ago, but too many people have them IMHO.

I still think the cobra r is one of the best looking wheels for the mark viii IMO:D

I'd say the Saleens are much more played out now. (on the forums, at least) I still have only seen one Mark VIII in real life with Cobra R's on it. Hardly ever see them on the forums anymore either, for that matter. How many Mark VIII's do you see every day with aftermarket wheels?

Good that gives me something to look forward to getting for my car when I am employed again :cool:

n645786862_806012_4962.jpg

I think just the regular cobra's look good

I like the Cobra R's ... Many of the other wheels I've seen are too busy looking. I love the simple look of a 5 spoke wheel like the Cobra Rs.

Good to see that they are available for at least a little bit.

Too bad SCP sucks ass.

Besides, ill just stick with my "played out" common ass Saleens.

I got all excited for nothing. I really wish these came in painted silver. Too bad they are only available in chrome! :( Not sure why nobody will make them painted!!

Painted silver Cobra R's are the best looking aftermarket rim on the Mark VIII.......at least in my opinion.

They may be played out on internet forums, but I never see Mark VIII's with custom wheels in my daily driving.

Ken

I got all excited for nothing. I really wish these came in painted silver. Too bad they are only available in chrome! :( Not sure why nobody will make them painted!!

Painted silver Cobra R's are the best looking aftermarket rim on the Mark VIII.......at least in my opinion.

They may be played out on internet forums, but I never see Mark VIII's with custom wheels in my daily driving.

Ken

http://www.rimsntires.com/wheel.jsp?model=Cobra R&brand=Detroit&itemid=117296

I don't blame you.. Those saleen wheels are perfect! Hows the ride? thinking about ordering a set.
Car rides great. Tires have a lot to do with it too. Dont get an EMT tire cause they ride like chit.

they make them in black and I've never seen a Mark VIII other than mine in person that has saleens or cobra r's

Too bad SCP sucks ass.

Besides, ill just stick with my "played out" common ass Saleens.

Just curious. Why are you upset with SCP? I have been dealing with Bill and I'm satisfied so far. Just looking for a heads up on what to avoid. So far I've learned on here to not get there suspension parts.

Car rides great. Tires have a lot to do with it too. Dont get an EMT tire cause they ride like chit.

I really like your wheels and it seems to me there about the same price as the Cobra R's but do they weigh much more? I am more interested in the performance of mine than looks. For that matter maybe I should get Drag Radials for the Stock 16" 10 spoke wheels? Anybody know how they compare by weight?

Thanks Doug!! That website, rimsntires.com (Detroit Wheels) used to have outrageous shipping charges, they've since gone down a lot. Of course the painted Cobra R's in our size are on back order until late January.

1st I have to justify to myself spending $1,200 on rims and tires on a $3,000 car then I have to drive with bald tires until late January. I could probably get away with the later as I mostly work from home and can take the wife's car if the weather is bad and I need to go out.

I guess $1,200 isn't that bad since just tires on my Vette cost more than that. lol

hmmm.....

Thanks Doug!! That website, rimsntires.com (Detroit Wheels) used to have outrageous shipping charges, they've since gone down a lot. Of course the painted Cobra R's in our size are on back order until late January.

1st I have to justify to myself spending $1,200 on rims and tires on a $3,000 car then I have to drive with bald tires until late January. I could probably get away with the later as I mostly work from home and can take the wife's car if the weather is bad and I need to go out.

I guess $1,200 isn't that bad since just tires on my Vette cost more than that. lol

hmmm.....

Just called Rimsntires.com. They don't have painted Cobra R's and the January back order note on their web-site is just a note saying they don't have them and none are coming in anytime soon :( The note is to let customers know they may get them 1-day.

Just curious. Why are you upset with SCP? I have been dealing with Bill and I'm satisfied so far. Just looking for a heads up on what to avoid. So far I've learned on here to not get there suspension parts.
I am upset with how he lied about how much better his suspension parts are then promis me if I have any issues that he has the best warrenty service on them while also saying he has never had to warrenty replace any.
I didnt realize that was double talk for he WONT properly warrenty them when they do fail, and they fail fast.
Then the run around for the Magnaflow x-pipe resonator pissed me off too. THEN his response to fix the broken boots on the tie rods after what, a month of use, was to buy some $20 plus shipping boots from him that I was able to get THE EXACT SAME ONES from Autozone for $8.
Thats dirty buisiness and he can suck it.
I really like your wheels and it seems to me there about the same price as the Cobra R's but do they weigh much more? I am more interested in the performance of mine than looks. For that matter maybe I should get Drag Radials for the Stock 16" 10 spoke wheels? Anybody know how they compare by weight?

Dont knoe what the R's weigh but mine are around 56lbs eacj with rubber.

Members online

No members online now.
Back